I have sinned, can you help?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

I have sinned, can you help?

Post by PoorShot300 » 14 Nov 2018, 11:08 am

Bless me forum for I have sinned, it's been 18 months since my last post, and I need to atone for my bad behaviour. :cry:

I have been negligent to my fellow shooter's by being consumed by other hobbies, and ignored my firearms in the safe by not contributing to their social well being.

It is on this note i ask fellow riflemen if anyone here has a very good to excellent behaved CZ 527 Varmint .223 1:9 twist they'd be prepared to part with to make some new friends and go on adventures with me?

If used, less than a 1000rnds would be preferred, and I don't care if the dress it's wearing in is timber/laminate/kevlar or even a thumbhole.

Yes forum, i will perform regular weekend outings to keep your beloved in the social surroundings it may have become accustomed to, and to take care of & feed and clean it regularly.

All replies responded to with alacrity and thanks.

Amen. :mrgreen:
PoorShot300
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: I have sinned, can you help?

Post by marksman » 14 Nov 2018, 3:36 pm

sounds like you have been a very bad boy :thumbsdown: :wtf: :lol: :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by PoorShot300 » 14 Nov 2018, 4:28 pm

:( ...I have, and need repentance BADDD!!! :cry:
PoorShot300
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 14 Nov 2018, 8:15 pm

What do you like about the CZ 527? Do they shoot well?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by PoorShot300 » 14 Nov 2018, 9:43 pm

Thanks for asking SCJ429 & by all accounts yes. When researched, the main (fixable) issue that repeats itself is the feeding from the magazine, and the cost for additional mag's is also pricey. Usually the fit & finish is high quality, and hand-loading gives sub MOA down to even 1/4 MOA @100m - 200m in the right hands. There seems to be little else complained about with them.

Also, it seems they must be good shooters, as I know for a fact a lot of Aussies now have them, yet they rarely appear for resale in the used gun market, hence my callout.

Additionally, I have a number of rifles including Lever & bolt, but I have no CRF examples and these have a mini-Mauser action making them dependable and strong firearms built on an action that's 100 years old. I tend to go for those "oblique" branded items as well, what Id call "fringe quality", which doesn't always bode well for me, but hey what can I say...I like quirky. :shock:

I do have a few issues of a personal nature in the product range, such as a lack of SS and/or fluted bbl's in the 527 range, but hey, I can live with that and get an aftermarket version if it eats me up too much.

Cheers
Last edited by PoorShot300 on 15 Nov 2018, 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
PoorShot300
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Diamond Jim » 15 Nov 2018, 12:05 am

I have a CZ527 Varmint circa 2013 with 1:12 twist that I'm not going to part with. It just does what it's supposed to do - put rounds on whatever target I ask it to. Ok, so 55gr is about its limit but I don't need more. I have other rifles for bigger fish.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by PoorShot300 » 15 Nov 2018, 7:58 am

Hey DJ,..thanks for chiming in and affirming what I already suspected.

Lol, began to think you were trying to sell me yours for the first dozen words...did you have any feeding issues with yours at first, if you bought it new yourself that is?

Cheers
PoorShot300
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by PoorShot300 » 18 Nov 2018, 12:32 pm

It appears my sins have a price... and have decided to buy new instead. Thanks to all for looking.

TOPIC CLOSED.
PoorShot300
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles