Recoil help

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Recoil help

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Dec 2018, 5:03 pm

I hear you Trekin, there are a lot of really good blokes on this forum and very few I wouldn't have a beer with, and you know why? Because I really like beer. And also because they're very generous with sharing their experience and opinions with others - sometimes too generous.

Me on the other hand, when I read both of the OP''s threads i immediately thought of this...
Attachments
troll-in-the-dungeon.png
troll-in-the-dungeon.png (743.38 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
Member-Deleted

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Dec 2018, 5:44 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:I hear you Trekin, there are a lot of really good blokes on this forum and very few I wouldn't have a beer with, and you know why? Because I really like beer. And also because they're very generous with sharing their experience and opinions with others - sometimes too generous.

Me on the other hand, when I read both of the OP''s threads i immediately thought of this...

I agree.
And as far as tail gaters go, I just slow down about 15k. Reaaallllyyyy pisses them off.

On the other hand may not be an idiot. Might be a personal emergency. You never know.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 03 Dec 2018, 7:30 pm

bigrich wrote:While we’re on the subject of lisencing ( yeh, I know I spelled it wrong ) , the thought of losing my license is the only thing that’s kept me calm after being road raged by some idiot on the weekend, on my way home from the range with a couple of rifles in the back. Didn’t ring the fuzz on the clown cause even just being involved in such a incident can put your license at risk :unknown: I kept my calm and let it go. Is it just me or are more people going nuts with road rage around Christmas every year :unknown: :thumbsup:

after a bit more thought on this incident , i thought i would add some more info. the guy was driving a people mover with NSW plates . he was tailgating me, i slowed and swerved slightly to avoid a big chunk of truck retread , he took offence , thought i was playing with him (wouldn't have seen the retread cause he was so close ), he overtook and was giving me the bird and waving to pullover. :crazy: i could see he had a skinny arm with a real good tan, after a bit of a flashback, from what i could see of his features, i think it was anthony "the man" mundine ! :lol: :lol: :lol: probably in a hurry to get back to NSW after the poor showing, and thought he'd have a crack at another queenslander :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Rod_outbak » 03 Dec 2018, 8:45 pm

About 15 years back, I was driving between Blackwater and Emerald (QLD), and had just come through one of the little townships along the highway there.
I was in the old 75 Landcruiser ute, which could sit at 110 all day, but took a looooong time getting up there.
There was an older lady about 300 metres in front of me, in something like a Volvo 740 sedan.
I'd noticed that it had a 2-way antenna on the roof, but didnt think much else of it.
As I slowed to 80 and entered the township, an obnoxious twat in a patrol wagon came up behind me in a hurry. He had his lights on, and obviously needed to be somewhere yesterday. After we departed the town, he was practically glued to my rear bumper, as I slowly clambered back up to 100.
I thought he'd be around me like a shot, but he stuck there; not more than 10 metres behind me.
FREAKING annoying, as you cant relax when you know there is someone that close, when out on an open highway.
So, we did about 5kms of open, empty, straight highway, with him suck to my rear bumper, and I reckon he wanted to tailgate me all the way to Emerald.
I started getting REALLY tired of it.
I started slowing down....
He gave up at around 70kph, and overtook me in a cloud of smoke.
Then he starts doing the same thing with Granny in the Volvo...
After a while, you can see Granny is starting to get a bit wobbly; the headlights from his car must have been pretty intimidating, as they were about her head height..
Without being able to do much, I see her get more and more wobbly, and she eventually pulls half off the highway and brakes, so Twatso is forced to pull around her and charge off.
As he charges off to find another victim, I hear a shakey elderly womans' voice on the 2-way:
"I hope you BURN IN HELL, YOU PHUKWIT!!"

I spent the rest of the trip to Emerald; cheering Granny...

Best guess is he was heading out to one of the mines, but why did he need to be a complete dick for no reason at all?

I just dont understand that mindset.
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by booomr » 03 Dec 2018, 8:45 pm

I kept my mouth shut (or at least my fingers away from the keyboard) on the last post, even though I read it end to end, but I feel like I can't any longer. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Violence, no matter the reason, is never the answer, especially in the eyes of the law (self defence excluded). The reason the licence was rejected is because you are considered a prohibited person, due to the fact that you have resorted to an act of violence to deal with a situation that did not call for it. The reason why your licence has been rejected is because, in the eyes of the Police, what if you had access to a weapon, and were put in that situation again? You've proven a willingness to resort to violence, after all. Or what if you decide to go after somebody that wronged you?

Now, getting to the current topic, after clarifying that you are a prohibited person, and why, I went to the SSAA Range Rules (https://ssaavic.com.au/wp-content/uploa ... on-3.6.pdf), and went down into Section 2.

"2.4. By recording their name in the range register, members and public visitors certify that they are not “Prohibited Persons” under the Firearms Act and are covered by insurance"

Straight up, on the 4th page, it clearly states you aren't permitted to use the rifle range. The fact that you are continually trying to push the issue, are lying every time you enter a range, and your friend breaking the law by even letting you handle his rifle - it is an offence to let a prohibited person have access to a firearm - is the type of behaviour that is contributing to the anti-gun hysteria that is rife through the public and media lately.

Reading your posts has made me comfortable of one thing, at least - that VicPol rejected your application.

Edit: also, the original post stated your conviction was "Contravene Family Violence Order", and did not answer bail.

4.1.1 - Contravention of a family violence intervention order
Contravening a family violence intervention order is a criminal offence. There are two elements to this offence:

either:
the accused has been served with a copy of the order; or
the accused has received an explanation of the order in accordance with s57(1) or s96(1); and
the accused breached the order.

So you actually had a family violence order before hand, and acted again. Says to me, you're habitually violent.
Howa 1500 .223 Varmint
Dickinson T1000 12g Synthetic 28"
Bergara B14 Ridge .308 in McMillan TACA3
booomr
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 03 Dec 2018, 9:08 pm

Regardless of whether the op should or shouldn't be shooting I gave him the advice he asked for simply because no matter what I want people to shoot safely.
If he f@#ks up and hurts someone it would be used by the antis to attack all of us without any sort of distinction between legal shooters and tossers breaking the law.
Maybe there needs to be a banned shooters register available at ranges? (Along the same lines as the system used for drinkers) so range official can see in real time that someone is a prohibited person. As I.said above I don't shoot at ranges so I don't know how feasible this woyld be. :unknown:
:drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 03 Dec 2018, 9:09 pm

okay , i love a good chat, and i have diverged of topic. the original post was about dealing with recoil, and i think common sense dictates what is acceptable to people. some lighter built folk, men or women, may find 243's are a comfortable limit. myself, being six foot four ( 196 cm ? ) and 125 kg, i found shooting a cva synthetic 45-70 to be a lot of fun. :D sighting in my mates tikka t3 synthetic in 300 win mag left me with a headache :roll: i've found after shooting my 308 sako synthetic , my 6.5x55 wood stocked winchester feels like a pussy to shoot now. different folk are gunna find different limits, but i worked up to mine, developing skills and tolerence for recoil as i went along. i think it's more of a advantage to shoot a 243 accurately cause your comfortable with it, than to close your eyes and flich with a 300 mag your gunna miss with :D i'm not going to comment on the original posters legal situation, except to say the laws the law and rules are rules. right or wrong. my goal is to stay of the legal systems radar in the first place..... :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by sickooli » 04 Dec 2018, 2:53 pm

booomr wrote:I kept my mouth shut (or at least my fingers away from the keyboard) on the last post, even though I read it end to end, but I feel like I can't any longer. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Violence, no matter the reason, is never the answer, especially in the eyes of the law (self defence excluded). The reason the licence was rejected is because you are considered a prohibited person, due to the fact that you have resorted to an act of violence to deal with a situation that did not call for it. The reason why your licence has been rejected is because, in the eyes of the Police, what if you had access to a weapon, and were put in that situation again? You've proven a willingness to resort to violence, after all. Or what if you decide to go after somebody that wronged you?

Now, getting to the current topic, after clarifying that you are a prohibited person, and why, I went to the SSAA Range Rules (https://ssaavic.com.au/wp-content/uploa ... on-3.6.pdf), and went down into Section 2.

"2.4. By recording their name in the range register, members and public visitors certify that they are not “Prohibited Persons” under the Firearms Act and are covered by insurance"

Straight up, on the 4th page, it clearly states you aren't permitted to use the rifle range. The fact that you are continually trying to push the issue, are lying every time you enter a range, and your friend breaking the law by even letting you handle his rifle - it is an offence to let a prohibited person have access to a firearm - is the type of behaviour that is contributing to the anti-gun hysteria that is rife through the public and media lately.

Reading your posts has made me comfortable of one thing, at least - that VicPol rejected your application.

Edit: also, the original post stated your conviction was "Contravene Family Violence Order", and did not answer bail.

Contravening a family violence intervention order is a criminal offence. There are two elements to this offence:

either:
the accused has received an explanation of the order in accordance with s57(1) or s96(1); and

So you actually had a family violence order before hand, and acted again. Says to me, you're habitually violent.
what a tosser, you think you know the law, you know s**t, where in this forum have I said, I was at a shooting range , moron your quick to judge, as for the law idiot 5 years have passed and for that particular conviction I am deemed non prohibited, it’s you and some other arsholes who judge people without knowing the facts, then some others write about road rage and some other crap, Anyway I thank all the people who stuck to both subjects in trying to give me advice, as for the rest , I feel sorry for you , please moderators and administrators delete my account
sickooli
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by sickooli » 04 Dec 2018, 2:56 pm

bigrich wrote:okay , i love a good chat, and i have diverged of topic. the original post was about dealing with recoil, and i think common sense dictates what is acceptable to people. some lighter built folk, men or women, may find 243's are a comfortable limit. myself, being six foot four ( 196 cm ? ) and 125 kg, i found shooting a cva synthetic 45-70 to be a lot of fun. :D sighting in my mates tikka t3 synthetic in 300 win mag left me with a headache :roll: i've found after shooting my 308 sako synthetic , my 6.5x55 wood stocked winchester feels like a pussy to shoot now. different folk are gunna find different limits, but i worked up to mine, developing skills and tolerence for recoil as i went along. i think it's more of a advantage to shoot a 243 accurately cause your comfortable with it, than to close your eyes and flich with a 300 mag your gunna miss with :D i'm not going to comment on the original posters legal situation, except to say the laws the law and rules are rules. right or wrong. my goal is to stay of the legal systems radar in the first place..... :thumbsup:
Thank you big rich
sickooli
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 04 Dec 2018, 4:01 pm

no problemo sickooli , forums are full of a lot of different people with different opinions, views , and personalities. i have gained a good deal of knowledge and been shown different views on things that i may not have preiviously considered. occaisionlly , someone may get a bit harsh, but i don't take it to heart, maybe they got problems and their stressed .for my part, i try to maintain a sense of humor and diplomacy ( unless it clashes with my sense of humor :D ) . i don't take people too seriously on here, myself included . best wishes for the christmas period :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Dec 2018, 4:38 pm

sickooli wrote:
booomr wrote:I kept my mouth shut (or at least my fingers away from the keyboard) on the last post, even though I read it end to end, but I feel like I can't any longer. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

either:

what a tosser, you think you know the law, you know s**t, where in this forum have I said, I was at a shooting range , moron your quick to judge, as for the law idiot 5 years have passed and for that particular conviction I am deemed non prohibited, it’s you and some other arsholes who judge people without knowing the facts, then some others write about road rage and some other crap, Anyway I thank all the people who stuck to both subjects in trying to give me advice, as for the rest , I feel sorry for you , please moderators and administrators delete my account

Farkin lol. This guy.
Wonder if the feds frequent as much as they are known to on other forums - IP address traces are so darn easy... matched up with details given thus far and then if they were to take into consideration the “violent?” and unprovoked? outbursts on here = never see a firearms licence in this country...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 04 Dec 2018, 4:58 pm

sickooli wrote: where in this forum have I said, I was at a shooting range

andddd.... it goes from bad to worse.
Member-Deleted

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 04 Dec 2018, 5:27 pm

sickooli wrote: please moderators and administrators delete my account

Bye bye
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 04 Dec 2018, 5:29 pm

Yep if you weren't at a range then you've definitely broken the law and should have more sense than to discuss it on a public forum. Might be good to quit before the hole ya digging gets any deeper . :silent:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by in2anity » 04 Dec 2018, 5:38 pm

110D8CDA-BFE6-483A-98B8-EF0E4E078EC9.jpeg
110D8CDA-BFE6-483A-98B8-EF0E4E078EC9.jpeg (18.76 KiB) Viewed 5293 times
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 04 Dec 2018, 5:58 pm

sickooli wrote:

either:

Hmm... Let's see, 03 Dec 18 at 13:27 ring a bell.
dick.JPG
dick.JPG (102.62 KiB) Viewed 5286 times
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 04 Dec 2018, 6:24 pm

trekin wrote:
sickooli wrote:

either:

Hmm... Let's see, 03 Dec 18 at 13:27 ring a bell.
dick.JPG

Well done, that man!
:thumbsup:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 04 Dec 2018, 6:56 pm

Sheesh...I been outside pinning out & oiling some bunny skins...thought id log on to see whats on the agenda...

:o

Now i know why the computer screen was already warm... :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 04 Dec 2018, 7:09 pm

Lol +1 trekin killed it
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 04 Dec 2018, 7:16 pm

yeh well, once you type something on the web it's there for all to see ;)
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 04 Dec 2018, 7:23 pm

in the words of kamal , "vy are peepul zo unkind ? " :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by booomr » 04 Dec 2018, 9:06 pm

sickooli wrote:what a tosser, you think you know the law, you know s**t, where in this forum have I said, I was at a shooting range , moron your quick to judge, as for the law idiot 5 years have passed and for that particular conviction I am deemed non prohibited, it’s you and some other arsholes who judge people without knowing the facts, then some others write about road rage and some other crap, Anyway I thank all the people who stuck to both subjects in trying to give me advice, as for the rest , I feel sorry for you , please moderators and administrators delete my account

So there's more convictions then? At some stage, Tom, you're going to have to man up and accept responsibility for your prior actions, and realise that there are consequences to them. I don't "know the law" - I'm a normal guy, but I do know enough of the law to know that you have broken it, multiple times in fact, flat out admitted to it all over this forum, and don't know when to stop. Your angry and aggressive outbursts (which I've seen quite a few of) are only going to make things harder for yourself. I'd highly suggest using your money on anger management courses, rather than range fees.

Perhaps then, if they can see you're making an effort to turn your life around, people including magistrates will be willing to work with you and help you...

But probably not.
Howa 1500 .223 Varmint
Dickinson T1000 12g Synthetic 28"
Bergara B14 Ridge .308 in McMillan TACA3
booomr
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 11 Dec 2018, 7:35 pm

bigrich wrote:
bigrich wrote:While we’re on the subject of lisencing ( yeh, I know I spelled it wrong ) , the thought of losing my license is the only thing that’s kept me calm after being road raged by some idiot on the weekend, on my way home from the range with a couple of rifles in the back. Didn’t ring the fuzz on the clown cause even just being involved in such a incident can put your license at risk :unknown: I kept my calm and let it go. Is it just me or are more people going nuts with road rage around Christmas every year :unknown: :thumbsup:

after a bit more thought on this incident , i thought i would add some more info. the guy was driving a people mover with NSW plates . he was tailgating me, i slowed and swerved slightly to avoid a big chunk of truck retread , he took offence , thought i was playing with him (wouldn't have seen the retread cause he was so close ), he overtook and was giving me the bird and waving to pullover. :crazy: i could see he had a skinny arm with a real good tan, after a bit of a flashback, from what i could see of his features, i think it was anthony "the man" mundine ! :lol: :lol: :lol: probably in a hurry to get back to NSW after the poor showing, and thought he'd have a crack at another queenslander :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:

If he gave you the same as he gave the other Queenslander, I doubt you would have been too inconvenienced ... :D
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles