Recoil help

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Recoil help

Post by straightshooter » 03 Dec 2018, 6:14 am

Recoil is recoil.
Even a modestly recoiling rifle with poor stock fit and inappropriately positioned scope or poor eye relief can be a handful.
Although a 300 Win mag has plenty of bark and bite it in reality isn't all that much more than many popular standard calibers, such as 30-06 in similar bullet weights.
The thing to consider is that many a time a rifle that is no problem to shoot offhand can be a dog to shoot off a bench and vice versa. All due to stock design and fit.
The worst thing you can do is to 'psyche' yourself with fear of recoil.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 03 Dec 2018, 7:50 am

The trusty old 22 lr is where every new shooter should start. I met a young couple at the range one day, and the young lass was closing hear eyes and turning hear head while shooting the boyfriend’s 243 (much to his amusement ) . I loaned my 22 CZ to the girl, and with a few pointers, after a hour, as I was leaving she was just about shooting one hole at 50. Not just the recoil but the noise was putting her off. I think she shoots that 243 better than him now :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 03 Dec 2018, 8:06 am

Prudent advice bigrich. Makes a lot of sense. .22lr a great starter to develop technique.
As someone eluded to previously, learning on a larger caliber rifle could lead to the formation of habit forming poor technique.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 03 Dec 2018, 8:08 am

Member-Deleted wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about the recoil mate, you won't be doing too much shooting without that licence you were rejected for

Ya dont need a license to go to a range and shoot ya mates rifle. :drinks:

bigrich wrote:The trusty old 22 lr is where every new shooter should start. I met a young couple at the range one day, and the young lass was closing hear eyes and turning hear head while shooting the boyfriend’s 243 (much to his amusement ) . I loaned my 22 CZ to the girl, and with a few pointers, after a hour, as I was leaving she was just about shooting one hole at 50. Not just the recoil but the noise was putting her off. I think she shoots that 243 better than him now :lol:

While I agree 100% the op isn't licensed so may not have access to a .22 and has to shoot whatever his mqte owns. :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Dec 2018, 8:20 am

yeah Daddybang, a form 33A in Qld i think, i assume Victoria has a similar thing. Bit of an exercise in frustration though isn't it, repeatedly going to a range on a form 33A when barring an appeal miracle, you're never getting a licence anytime soon. and i thought the OP wanted firearms to hunt - i don't think borrowing a mate's rifle is going to stretch to that unlicenced. but then given his criminal history, he probably won't care
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 03 Dec 2018, 8:30 am

Agreed he isn't getting a license anytime soon from what he's posted previously. :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 03 Dec 2018, 8:43 am

Member-Deleted wrote:yeah Daddybang, a form 33A in Qld i think, i assume Victoria has a similar thing. Bit of an exercise in frustration though isn't it, repeatedly going to a range on a form 33A when barring an appeal miracle, you're never getting a licence anytime soon. and i thought the OP wanted firearms to hunt - i don't think borrowing a mate's rifle is going to stretch to that unlicenced. but then given his criminal history, he probably won't care

in Queensland with the form 33A you’re making a declaration that there is no reason you wouldn’t be issued a licence. Any priors that have caused him to be rejected should also stop him from shooting under a 33A
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 03 Dec 2018, 9:19 am

While we’re on the subject of lisencing ( yeh, I know I spelled it wrong ) , the thought of losing my license is the only thing that’s kept me calm after being road raged by some idiot on the weekend, on my way home from the range with a couple of rifles in the back. Didn’t ring the fuzz on the clown cause even just being involved in such a incident can put your license at risk :unknown: I kept my calm and let it go. Is it just me or are more people going nuts with road rage around Christmas every year :unknown: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 03 Dec 2018, 9:30 am

TheDude wrote:
Member-Deleted wrote:yeah Daddybang, a form 33A in Qld i think, i assume Victoria has a similar thing. Bit of an exercise in frustration though isn't it, repeatedly going to a range on a form 33A when barring an appeal miracle, you're never getting a licence anytime soon. and i thought the OP wanted firearms to hunt - i don't think borrowing a mate's rifle is going to stretch to that unlicenced. but then given his criminal history, he probably won't care

in Queensland with the form 33A you’re making a declaration that there is no reason you wouldn’t be issued a licence. Any priors that have caused him to be rejected should also stop him from shooting under a 33A

Yep..but a range doesn't have any means to check that the person is being honest do they? :unknown:
I don't shoot at ranges so im not sure how they are run . :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 03 Dec 2018, 9:35 am

bigrich wrote:While we’re on the subject of lisencing ( yeh, I know I spelled it wrong ) , the thought of losing my license is the only thing that’s kept me calm after being road raged by some idiot on the weekend, on my way home from the range with a couple of rifles in the back. Didn’t ring the fuzz on the clown cause even just being involved in such a incident can put your license at risk :unknown: I kept my calm and let it go. Is it just me or are more people going nuts with road rage around Christmas every year :unknown: :thumbsup:

Its just getting worse everywhere(rd rage wise). I had a tosser tailgate and abuse me the other day cause I was sitting on 98kph in a hundred zone. ...with my girl spawn in the back so couldn't just jump on the brakes and introduce the d**kheads fan and radiator to my towball. :twisted: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 03 Dec 2018, 9:39 am

Your 98 is his 95.. maybe even 90.. and some ppl are in always a hurry. In your case I would slow down even more say 85 in a 100 zone..... that can upset them even more

On a different note, people driving at 90 in a 100 zone who suddenly stopped up to 105 in an overtaking lane drive me insane.

Edit. In my lancer, if anyone would annoy me I would slow 10kph than what I was doing. Eventually either the person gets the message or tries to speed up to overtake me... which was what I was hoping for... quick change of gears and wait until the guy is nearly past the tail light.... and a very hard mashing of the accelerator pedal the poor v6 commodore guy would have a first hand experience of what 300kw through 4wd system feels like... plus a fair bit of unburnt fuel. (That's about 500-550 very fresh horses at the crank in old money)

Have known others who run without a catalytic converter and have flames come out the exhaust when dropping to a lower gear... usually that's good enough to scare ppl
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 03 Dec 2018, 10:25 am

sickooli wrote:Hi everyone, hope you are all well, my buddy just bought a 300winmag, Sako Bavarian very nice rifle with a Swarovski Scope. He gave me a go at shooting it on a target and the scope just missed my eyebrow, I therefore s$&?t myself and didn’t shoot anymore, my questions are; 1.do you hold your breath when squeezing the trigger?.2.do you with your lower three fingers keep pressure toward your shoulder etc, as you can probably tell I’m new at this and any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, best regards Tom, and please take care.

Try removing the brake & holding your eye against the scope---that way it doesnt "hit" you cos its already touching you. :D

Well if you've basically no firearms experience whatsoever, and your goal is to ensure you develop a flinch that will extend beyond shooting any firearm, right through to a blink with every sharp noise you hear for the rest of your life...forcing yourself to continually shoot a 300wm while your body's physiology is begging for you to stop, is probably one of the best things to do in regard to accomplishing that goal...!!

In other words, im suggesting a 30 cal magnum cartridge is not what you should be learning on...try something smaller like a 22...or a 222/223...the latter being plenty big enough.

I wont comment on any history as its not my place & i didnt get to read all this & your other thread before you edited some of your initial responses so what others have said is all i can go by...but im assuming as daddyban has menyioned, you can only shoot what your mate lets you shoot.

If thats the case, you genuinely want to learn how to shoot, & you're not a troll (to be honest thats what this smells like), id be getting your mate to let you shoot something smaller...much smaller.

Some probably think im a woos, but im an experienced shooter with the small end of cartridges & ive shot & hunted all my life...but when i got my Tikka lite in 7-08 i had to "learn" how to shoot that off a bench....so to be honest, i think learning to shoot with a 300wm off a bench is one of the most ridiculous things one could do in life.
Not trying to be rude, just upfront...!!

Overall, the best advice i can give you is to NOT try what i initially suggested--that was clearly a preface of sarcasm to my post.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Archie » 03 Dec 2018, 11:58 am

Ziad wrote:Your 98 is his 95.. maybe even 90.. and some ppl are in always a hurry. In your case I would slow down even more say 85 in a 100 zone..... that can upset them even more

On a different note, people driving at 90 in a 100 zone who suddenly stopped up to 105 in an overtaking lane drive me insane.

Edit. In my lancer, if anyone would annoy me I would slow 10kph than what I was doing. Eventually either the person gets the message or tries to speed up to overtake me... which was what I was hoping for... quick change of gears and wait until the guy is nearly past the tail light.... and a very hard mashing of the accelerator pedal the poor v6 commodore guy would have a first hand experience of what 300kw through 4wd system feels like... plus a fair bit of unburnt fuel. (That's about 500-550 very fresh horses at the crank in old money)

Have known others who run without a catalytic converter and have flames come out the exhaust when dropping to a lower gear... usually that's good enough to scare ppl

I had a guy do a "braketest" in front of me the other day... no idea what I'd done to irritate him but he blasted past at 110+ in an 80 zone, in a tunnel of all places, dropped back into my lane in front of me and then threw out the anchor. Lucky for him my brakes also work, given I was in a 4wd and he was in a hatchback. Would have done nasty things to my grille though.

And on the other point... 300 win mag is a great way to convert a new shooter into an ex shooter. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Get yourself something that starts with .2 and begin nearer the beginning.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by sickooli » 03 Dec 2018, 1:24 pm

Archie wrote:
Ziad wrote:Your 98 is his 95.. maybe even 90.. and some ppl are in always a hurry. In your case I would slow down even more say 85 in a 100 zone..... that can upset them even more

I had a guy do a "braketest" in front of me the other day... no idea what I'd done to irritate him but he blasted past at 110+ in an 80 zone, in a tunnel of all places, dropped back into my lane in front of me and then threw out the anchor. Lucky for him my brakes also work, given I was in a 4wd and he was in a hatchback. Would have done nasty things to my grille though.

And on the other point... 300 win mag is a great way to convert a new shooter into an ex shooter. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Get yourself something that starts with .2 and begin nearer the beginning.

l got no choice whatever my mate has to shoot thats all i can use for now.
sickooli
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by sickooli » 03 Dec 2018, 1:27 pm

Archie wrote:

i cant i don't have licence,my mate takes me to the range and his only got high caliber rifles
sickooli
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by TheDude » 03 Dec 2018, 1:30 pm

Daddybang wrote:
TheDude wrote:

Yep..but a range doesn't have any means to check that the person is being honest do they? :unknown:
I don't shoot at ranges so im not sure how they are run . :drinks:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the completed forms get submitted to the cops so any false statements will likely get followed up by them rather than the club.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 03 Dec 2018, 2:22 pm

Some ranges allows use of club guns, usually a 22LR. Practice on that or go halves with your friends in a 22lr. Also it's cheaper to shoot.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by trekin » 03 Dec 2018, 4:38 pm

Daddybang wrote:
Member-Deleted wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about the recoil mate, you won't be doing too much shooting without that licence you were rejected for

Ya dont need a license to go to a range and shoot ya mates rifle. :drinks:

bigrich wrote:The trusty old 22 lr is where every new shooter should start. I met a young couple at the range one day, and the young lass was closing hear eyes and turning hear head while shooting the boyfriend’s 243 (much to his amusement ) . I loaned my 22 CZ to the girl, and with a few pointers, after a hour, as I was leaving she was just about shooting one hole at 50. Not just the recoil but the noise was putting her off. I think she shoots that 243 better than him now :lol:

While I agree 100% the op isn't licensed so may not have access to a .22 and has to shoot whatever his mqte owns. :thumbsup: :drinks:

No, ya don't need a licence to shoot ya mates rifle at a range, however the laws of all States require an unlicenced person to declare that they are not a prohibited person by definition of their States' laws in one form or another. Here in Qld, as stated, that is a QPS Form 33/33A, in Vic, I believe, that declaration is given when you sign the range attendance register. And all ranges will be required to present these declarations to their States' licencing authorities is some way or another.
Now, while it dosen't stress me that the OP, by his own admission in another thread, is openly flouting his States' laws, and is openly boosting about it on this forum, he will at least learn a valuable lesson in that these social media places are monitored, it does piss me the mumber of his fellow Vic'ians, through their own ignorance of their own States laws, are enabling/encouraging his flouting of these laws.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Dec 2018, 5:03 pm

I hear you Trekin, there are a lot of really good blokes on this forum and very few I wouldn't have a beer with, and you know why? Because I really like beer. And also because they're very generous with sharing their experience and opinions with others - sometimes too generous.

Me on the other hand, when I read both of the OP''s threads i immediately thought of this...
Attachments
troll-in-the-dungeon.png
troll-in-the-dungeon.png (743.38 KiB) Viewed 5527 times
Member-Deleted

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Dec 2018, 5:44 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:I hear you Trekin, there are a lot of really good blokes on this forum and very few I wouldn't have a beer with, and you know why? Because I really like beer. And also because they're very generous with sharing their experience and opinions with others - sometimes too generous.

Me on the other hand, when I read both of the OP''s threads i immediately thought of this...

I agree.
And as far as tail gaters go, I just slow down about 15k. Reaaallllyyyy pisses them off.

On the other hand may not be an idiot. Might be a personal emergency. You never know.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 03 Dec 2018, 7:30 pm

bigrich wrote:While we’re on the subject of lisencing ( yeh, I know I spelled it wrong ) , the thought of losing my license is the only thing that’s kept me calm after being road raged by some idiot on the weekend, on my way home from the range with a couple of rifles in the back. Didn’t ring the fuzz on the clown cause even just being involved in such a incident can put your license at risk :unknown: I kept my calm and let it go. Is it just me or are more people going nuts with road rage around Christmas every year :unknown: :thumbsup:

after a bit more thought on this incident , i thought i would add some more info. the guy was driving a people mover with NSW plates . he was tailgating me, i slowed and swerved slightly to avoid a big chunk of truck retread , he took offence , thought i was playing with him (wouldn't have seen the retread cause he was so close ), he overtook and was giving me the bird and waving to pullover. :crazy: i could see he had a skinny arm with a real good tan, after a bit of a flashback, from what i could see of his features, i think it was anthony "the man" mundine ! :lol: :lol: :lol: probably in a hurry to get back to NSW after the poor showing, and thought he'd have a crack at another queenslander :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Rod_outbak » 03 Dec 2018, 8:45 pm

About 15 years back, I was driving between Blackwater and Emerald (QLD), and had just come through one of the little townships along the highway there.
I was in the old 75 Landcruiser ute, which could sit at 110 all day, but took a looooong time getting up there.
There was an older lady about 300 metres in front of me, in something like a Volvo 740 sedan.
I'd noticed that it had a 2-way antenna on the roof, but didnt think much else of it.
As I slowed to 80 and entered the township, an obnoxious twat in a patrol wagon came up behind me in a hurry. He had his lights on, and obviously needed to be somewhere yesterday. After we departed the town, he was practically glued to my rear bumper, as I slowly clambered back up to 100.
I thought he'd be around me like a shot, but he stuck there; not more than 10 metres behind me.
FREAKING annoying, as you cant relax when you know there is someone that close, when out on an open highway.
So, we did about 5kms of open, empty, straight highway, with him suck to my rear bumper, and I reckon he wanted to tailgate me all the way to Emerald.
I started getting REALLY tired of it.
I started slowing down....
He gave up at around 70kph, and overtook me in a cloud of smoke.
Then he starts doing the same thing with Granny in the Volvo...
After a while, you can see Granny is starting to get a bit wobbly; the headlights from his car must have been pretty intimidating, as they were about her head height..
Without being able to do much, I see her get more and more wobbly, and she eventually pulls half off the highway and brakes, so Twatso is forced to pull around her and charge off.
As he charges off to find another victim, I hear a shakey elderly womans' voice on the 2-way:
"I hope you BURN IN HELL, YOU PHUKWIT!!"

I spent the rest of the trip to Emerald; cheering Granny...

Best guess is he was heading out to one of the mines, but why did he need to be a complete dick for no reason at all?

I just dont understand that mindset.
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by booomr » 03 Dec 2018, 8:45 pm

I kept my mouth shut (or at least my fingers away from the keyboard) on the last post, even though I read it end to end, but I feel like I can't any longer. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Violence, no matter the reason, is never the answer, especially in the eyes of the law (self defence excluded). The reason the licence was rejected is because you are considered a prohibited person, due to the fact that you have resorted to an act of violence to deal with a situation that did not call for it. The reason why your licence has been rejected is because, in the eyes of the Police, what if you had access to a weapon, and were put in that situation again? You've proven a willingness to resort to violence, after all. Or what if you decide to go after somebody that wronged you?

Now, getting to the current topic, after clarifying that you are a prohibited person, and why, I went to the SSAA Range Rules (https://ssaavic.com.au/wp-content/uploa ... on-3.6.pdf), and went down into Section 2.

"2.4. By recording their name in the range register, members and public visitors certify that they are not “Prohibited Persons” under the Firearms Act and are covered by insurance"

Straight up, on the 4th page, it clearly states you aren't permitted to use the rifle range. The fact that you are continually trying to push the issue, are lying every time you enter a range, and your friend breaking the law by even letting you handle his rifle - it is an offence to let a prohibited person have access to a firearm - is the type of behaviour that is contributing to the anti-gun hysteria that is rife through the public and media lately.

Reading your posts has made me comfortable of one thing, at least - that VicPol rejected your application.

Edit: also, the original post stated your conviction was "Contravene Family Violence Order", and did not answer bail.

4.1.1 - Contravention of a family violence intervention order
Contravening a family violence intervention order is a criminal offence. There are two elements to this offence:

either:
the accused has been served with a copy of the order; or
the accused has received an explanation of the order in accordance with s57(1) or s96(1); and
the accused breached the order.

So you actually had a family violence order before hand, and acted again. Says to me, you're habitually violent.
Howa 1500 .223 Varmint
Dickinson T1000 12g Synthetic 28"
Bergara B14 Ridge .308 in McMillan TACA3
booomr
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 03 Dec 2018, 9:08 pm

Regardless of whether the op should or shouldn't be shooting I gave him the advice he asked for simply because no matter what I want people to shoot safely.
If he f@#ks up and hurts someone it would be used by the antis to attack all of us without any sort of distinction between legal shooters and tossers breaking the law.
Maybe there needs to be a banned shooters register available at ranges? (Along the same lines as the system used for drinkers) so range official can see in real time that someone is a prohibited person. As I.said above I don't shoot at ranges so I don't know how feasible this woyld be. :unknown:
:drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 03 Dec 2018, 9:09 pm

okay , i love a good chat, and i have diverged of topic. the original post was about dealing with recoil, and i think common sense dictates what is acceptable to people. some lighter built folk, men or women, may find 243's are a comfortable limit. myself, being six foot four ( 196 cm ? ) and 125 kg, i found shooting a cva synthetic 45-70 to be a lot of fun. :D sighting in my mates tikka t3 synthetic in 300 win mag left me with a headache :roll: i've found after shooting my 308 sako synthetic , my 6.5x55 wood stocked winchester feels like a pussy to shoot now. different folk are gunna find different limits, but i worked up to mine, developing skills and tolerence for recoil as i went along. i think it's more of a advantage to shoot a 243 accurately cause your comfortable with it, than to close your eyes and flich with a 300 mag your gunna miss with :D i'm not going to comment on the original posters legal situation, except to say the laws the law and rules are rules. right or wrong. my goal is to stay of the legal systems radar in the first place..... :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by sickooli » 04 Dec 2018, 2:53 pm

booomr wrote:I kept my mouth shut (or at least my fingers away from the keyboard) on the last post, even though I read it end to end, but I feel like I can't any longer. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Violence, no matter the reason, is never the answer, especially in the eyes of the law (self defence excluded). The reason the licence was rejected is because you are considered a prohibited person, due to the fact that you have resorted to an act of violence to deal with a situation that did not call for it. The reason why your licence has been rejected is because, in the eyes of the Police, what if you had access to a weapon, and were put in that situation again? You've proven a willingness to resort to violence, after all. Or what if you decide to go after somebody that wronged you?

Now, getting to the current topic, after clarifying that you are a prohibited person, and why, I went to the SSAA Range Rules (https://ssaavic.com.au/wp-content/uploa ... on-3.6.pdf), and went down into Section 2.

"2.4. By recording their name in the range register, members and public visitors certify that they are not “Prohibited Persons” under the Firearms Act and are covered by insurance"

Straight up, on the 4th page, it clearly states you aren't permitted to use the rifle range. The fact that you are continually trying to push the issue, are lying every time you enter a range, and your friend breaking the law by even letting you handle his rifle - it is an offence to let a prohibited person have access to a firearm - is the type of behaviour that is contributing to the anti-gun hysteria that is rife through the public and media lately.

Reading your posts has made me comfortable of one thing, at least - that VicPol rejected your application.

Edit: also, the original post stated your conviction was "Contravene Family Violence Order", and did not answer bail.

Contravening a family violence intervention order is a criminal offence. There are two elements to this offence:

either:
the accused has received an explanation of the order in accordance with s57(1) or s96(1); and

So you actually had a family violence order before hand, and acted again. Says to me, you're habitually violent.
what a tosser, you think you know the law, you know s**t, where in this forum have I said, I was at a shooting range , moron your quick to judge, as for the law idiot 5 years have passed and for that particular conviction I am deemed non prohibited, it’s you and some other arsholes who judge people without knowing the facts, then some others write about road rage and some other crap, Anyway I thank all the people who stuck to both subjects in trying to give me advice, as for the rest , I feel sorry for you , please moderators and administrators delete my account
sickooli
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by sickooli » 04 Dec 2018, 2:56 pm

bigrich wrote:okay , i love a good chat, and i have diverged of topic. the original post was about dealing with recoil, and i think common sense dictates what is acceptable to people. some lighter built folk, men or women, may find 243's are a comfortable limit. myself, being six foot four ( 196 cm ? ) and 125 kg, i found shooting a cva synthetic 45-70 to be a lot of fun. :D sighting in my mates tikka t3 synthetic in 300 win mag left me with a headache :roll: i've found after shooting my 308 sako synthetic , my 6.5x55 wood stocked winchester feels like a pussy to shoot now. different folk are gunna find different limits, but i worked up to mine, developing skills and tolerence for recoil as i went along. i think it's more of a advantage to shoot a 243 accurately cause your comfortable with it, than to close your eyes and flich with a 300 mag your gunna miss with :D i'm not going to comment on the original posters legal situation, except to say the laws the law and rules are rules. right or wrong. my goal is to stay of the legal systems radar in the first place..... :thumbsup:
Thank you big rich
sickooli
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 04 Dec 2018, 4:01 pm

no problemo sickooli , forums are full of a lot of different people with different opinions, views , and personalities. i have gained a good deal of knowledge and been shown different views on things that i may not have preiviously considered. occaisionlly , someone may get a bit harsh, but i don't take it to heart, maybe they got problems and their stressed .for my part, i try to maintain a sense of humor and diplomacy ( unless it clashes with my sense of humor :D ) . i don't take people too seriously on here, myself included . best wishes for the christmas period :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Dec 2018, 4:38 pm

sickooli wrote:
booomr wrote:I kept my mouth shut (or at least my fingers away from the keyboard) on the last post, even though I read it end to end, but I feel like I can't any longer. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

either:

what a tosser, you think you know the law, you know s**t, where in this forum have I said, I was at a shooting range , moron your quick to judge, as for the law idiot 5 years have passed and for that particular conviction I am deemed non prohibited, it’s you and some other arsholes who judge people without knowing the facts, then some others write about road rage and some other crap, Anyway I thank all the people who stuck to both subjects in trying to give me advice, as for the rest , I feel sorry for you , please moderators and administrators delete my account

Farkin lol. This guy.
Wonder if the feds frequent as much as they are known to on other forums - IP address traces are so darn easy... matched up with details given thus far and then if they were to take into consideration the “violent?” and unprovoked? outbursts on here = never see a firearms licence in this country...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 04 Dec 2018, 4:58 pm

sickooli wrote: where in this forum have I said, I was at a shooting range