Busted two cherries todqy

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Busted two cherries todqy

Post by Daddybang » 16 Dec 2018, 5:00 pm

So I recently met a lad who due to his work can't get to the range to shoot very often(open times don't mesh with his roster) so we invited him out to use our block.
As a result got to shoot his RPR in 6.5 manbun.!!! :thumbsup: :drinks:
I've never shot an RPR before and also first time shooting the creedmore so a good day out. Didn't mind the RPR but it's brand spanking new so was a little "clunky" but not horrible. The 6.5 cm isn't a bad round but didn't really get to stretch out distance wise. I won't bore ya's with groups but here's what the manbun can do with five shots into a reasonable tree (tea tree so not hardwood). @ 200m :thumbsup: :drinks:

20181216_101202.jpg
20181216_101202.jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 2249 times

20181216_091422.jpg
20181216_091422.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 2249 times
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Re: Busted two cherries todqy

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 16 Dec 2018, 5:07 pm

The bolt is clunky and rattles compared to tikka or even sako... but the gun can shoot
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 16 Dec 2018, 5:18 pm

Yeah ziad ya not wrong mate :thumbsup: :drinks:
If I continue with my goal of regularly shooting at +500 then I can see one sitting in the safe in the not too distant future. The effect of the 6.5 cm on a can of tomatoes at 200 was VERY entertaining!! :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 16 Dec 2018, 5:47 pm

sounds like a heap of fun :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 16 Dec 2018, 6:18 pm

Daddybang wrote:Yeah ziad ya not wrong mate :thumbsup: :drinks:
If I continue with my goal of regularly shooting at +500 then I can see one sitting in the safe in the not too distant future. The effect of the 6.5 cm on a can of tomatoes at 200 was VERY entertaining!! :drinks:

mate, iv'e found 6.5x55 to be fantastic in all respects for me, there isn't much difference between it and the man-bun and 260 rem but . get one and you won't look back DB .going by the photos 6.5 makes for a more interesting way of felling trees than a chainsaw :lol: :lol: :lol:
how ya goin with the cyclone and rain and all that ? :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 16 Dec 2018, 6:30 pm

Valve grinding paste soon has em smoothed up. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Daddybang » 16 Dec 2018, 6:56 pm

marksman wrote:sounds like a heap of fun :drinks:

Yeah mate a very laid back but entertaining session. ..the fellas trying to get sorted to start comp shooting and was struggling to get trigger time so it's good to be able to help him out :thumbsup: :drinks:

bigrich wrote:

mate, iv'e found 6.5x55 to be fantastic in all respects for me, there isn't much difference between it and the man-bun and 260 rem but . get one and you won't look back DB .going by the photos 6.5 makes for a more interesting way of felling trees than a chainsaw :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep I'm fairly certain that I'll end up with a manbun.!! :lol:
All good with the weather here we only got around 100mm ..about three hours sth at halifax (just nth of Townsville) they got 680 odd mm so we dodged a bullet.
:thumbsup: :drinks:

bigfellascott wrote:Valve grinding paste soon has em smoothed up. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bigfella I'll have to let him know. :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 16 Dec 2018, 7:47 pm

good ta hear ya don't have to swim from the couch to the fridge for a coldie mate :D :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 16 Dec 2018, 7:53 pm

Valve grinding paste....I be too scared. Haha. I might pay extra and see if I can get micro slicked

And when my gunsmith gets his finger out I will say I even own 2 RPRs. And 2 howas...... maybe one day I will start to shoot decent.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 16 Dec 2018, 8:00 pm

Daddybang wrote:
marksman wrote:sounds like a heap of fun :drinks:

Yeah mate a very laid back but entertaining session. ..the fellas trying to get sorted to start comp shooting and was struggling to get trigger time so it's good to be able to help him out :thumbsup: :drinks:

bigrich wrote:

Yep I'm fairly certain that I'll end up with a manbun.!! :lol:
All good with the weather here we only got around 100mm ..about three hours sth at halifax (just nth of Townsville) they got 680 odd mm so we dodged a bullet.
:thumbsup: :drinks:

bigfellascott wrote:Valve grinding paste soon has em smoothed up. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bigfella I'll have to let him know. :thumbsup: :drinks:

It worked a treat on the Ruger Hawkeye of mine, it too was notchy etc, now she's butter smooth. I just put some on the bolt race from memory and worked it back and forth. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Centerfire rifles