Wanting Budget rifle info - Savage, Ruger, Howa?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Wanting Budget rifle info - Savage, Ruger, Howa?

Post by bigfellascott » 27 Dec 2018, 2:51 pm

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 27 Dec 2018, 2:59 pm

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Goose#24 » 27 Dec 2018, 4:48 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
Goose#24 wrote:So all!
I ended up going to the lgs this morning managed to get a brand new axis II in .270 with a banner on it for $650 obviously not exactly what I was after but I thought for the price it was atleast worth a try!

Enjoy it mate, I'm sure it will do the job fine on the bambies with good shot placement. :thumbsup:

I'll load 150gr in it and make sure it doesnt miss haha, if the scope is trash I'll just spend a couple extra bucks on a better one!
Goose#24
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by NAHMINT II » 20 Jan 2019, 5:00 am

G'Day,
bought a SAVAGE 111FCXP3
NAHMINT II
Recruit
Recruit

Canada

Post by JimTom » 20 Jan 2019, 5:54 am

What do you think of mate, how does it shoot?
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by NAHMINT II » 20 Jan 2019, 4:55 pm

About 2010 I purchased a SAVAGE 111 FCXP3 IN .300 WIN.MAG for bear and moose.......I removed the cheap bushnell scope and rings....purchased a LEUPOLD
VXII 3x9 scope ,rings AND bases...except for the pencil thin barrel which ''heats up after 3-4 rounds the rifle is a well made tack driver.....
the SAVAGE also has whats called THE BARREL NUT RING....with a rifle vice and barrel wrench,you can remove and change barrels with any round that fits the bolt head.... basically same action as the Savage 110.
NAHMINT II
Recruit
Recruit

Canada

Post by JimTom » 20 Jan 2019, 5:06 pm

I used to have a Savage 110 in 22-250 many years ago. It was nothing special to look it, however it always shot quite well with hand loads.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 20 Jan 2019, 5:47 pm

NAHMINT II wrote:About 2010 I purchased a SAVAGE 111 FCXP3 IN .300 WIN.MAG for bear and moose.......I removed the cheap bushnell scope and rings....purchased a LEUPOLD
VXII 3x9 scope ,rings AND bases...except for the pencil thin barrel which ''heats up after 3-4 rounds the rifle is a well made tack driver.....
the SAVAGE also has whats called THE BARREL NUT RING....with a rifle vice and barrel wrench,you can remove and change barrels with any round that fits the bolt head.... basically same action as the Savage 110.

Are you going to get any pre fit barrels for it?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 20 Jan 2019, 6:33 pm

Looking at the price of pre fit barrels (as they seem to come from us) getting a local gunsmith to do it is nearly a better option
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles