New US Built Martinis by DAMKO

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: New US Built Martinis by DAMKO

Post by bigpete » 25 Jan 2019, 9:08 am

I've found a couple fairly cheap...
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 25 Jan 2019, 9:15 am

bigpete wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
bigpete wrote:Or build your own

I think you need some sort of licence to make a receiver?

.I mean build your own rifle from ex it sting parts. I've already done a very rough pricing and I reckon I could easily build one for under a grand,and that's a brand new barrel on it..

What sort of barrel & is that locally built..?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wrenchman » 25 Jan 2019, 12:42 pm

i have not seen a genuine one here for years and when you do they are top doller i was told buy the older guys that there were barrels of them in every gun store in the 70s
you could pick what you wanted.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by GojiraSteve » 25 Jan 2019, 3:00 pm

wrenchman wrote:i have not seen a genuine one here for years and when you do they are top doller i was told buy the older guys that there were barrels of them in every gun store in the 70s

Sounds about right based on the below interview with Mick Smith who owned a gun shop right on George St in Sydney until a few years ago. The bloke bought 16,248 martini cadets in one lot, at 4 shillings (40c) apiece!

http://www.sydneyoralhistories.com.au/mick-smith/
GojiraSteve
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 26 Jan 2019, 3:01 am

GojiraSteve wrote:
wrenchman wrote:i have not seen a genuine one here for years and when you do they are top doller i was told buy the older guys that there were barrels of them in every gun store in the 70s

Sounds about right based on the below interview with Mick Smith who owned a gun shop right on George St in Sydney until a few years ago. The bloke bought 16,248 martini cadets in one lot, at 4 shillings (40c) apiece!

http://www.sydneyoralhistories.com.au/mick-smith/

Where the hell are they all now :-(
We need one of our local manufacturers to do a run of Martini actions, shouldn't be hard to fit into their usual efforts.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 26 Jan 2019, 8:24 am

IMA is still selling off the Nepal cache of Martini's. I thought about buying one as a fun restoration thing.

This new one seems a bit pricey for what it is.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Centerfire rifles