camo

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

camo

Post by duncan61 » 17 Mar 2019, 2:41 pm

camo .243 2.jpg
camo .243 2.jpg (126.82 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
camo .243.jpg
camo .243.jpg (108.68 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
I am pleased with the way this worked out.I have put a bushnell 6-24 x50 scope on with illuminated receptacle that was on my .222.My .243 HOWA Is now my go to for hunting and I have sorted all my rounds out.I found another one with the primer in backwards that Aaron made.Now the .222 has no scope my rifles fit in the safe easy and the shotgun as well.Feels good to be organised again just need to make time to go hunt.The main reason I painted the barrel was It got wet and rusted badly I oil the barrels so that was fine and it still shoots great.so I sanded the barrel back on a belt sander and painted it matt black.It did not melt when I got the barrel hot so I completed the task by putting a few coats of colour on in a camo pattern
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Re: camo

Post by Die Judicii » 19 Mar 2019, 9:20 pm

100_2841.JPG
100_2841.JPG (477.04 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
Why bother,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (with the Camo attempt)

One of my favorite go to hunting rifles has a bright pink and grey laminated stock, and the ferals I shoot with it have never noticed. :wtf:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 19 Mar 2019, 11:11 pm

The main reason was a few years ago the safe that my 3 rifles were stored in got damp some how and when I opened it the steel HOWA was rusted on the barrel the action was not rusted at all and I always oil the bore before storing so that was fine.So I sanded it and applied undercoat and about a month later I hand painted the barrel black I shot a detail of 13 rounds at the range and the paint job was fine so I finished the process by putting more coats of paint on but I had different colours from a model aircraft I am working on so I went for a camo pattern because I could.Now I wont be embarrassed when other people I shoot with see it.It really serves no purpose other than make me happy
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by tom604 » 20 Mar 2019, 8:45 pm

IT'S GOT A BARREL????? sorry didn't notice :lol: :lol:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Mar 2019, 5:26 am

duncan61 wrote:The main reason was a few years ago the safe that my 3 rifles were stored in got damp some how and when I opened it the steel HOWA was rusted on the barrel the action was not rusted at all and I always oil the bore before storing so that was fine.So I sanded it and applied undercoat and about a month later I hand painted the barrel black I shot a detail of 13 rounds at the range and the paint job was fine so I finished the process by putting more coats of paint on but I had different colours from a model aircraft I am working on so I went for a camo pattern because I could.Now I wont be embarrassed when other people I shoot with see it.It really serves no purpose other than make me happy

Don't you oil the outside of the barrel/action Duncan?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by marksman » 21 Mar 2019, 8:08 pm

came out alright Duncan :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 21 Mar 2019, 8:10 pm

Thanks its made me happy if nothing else.Might go hunting again Saturday
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Mar 2019, 8:35 pm

Where the fark is the rifle? I cant see a thing.

:sarcasm:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 21 Mar 2019, 8:47 pm

:D :D :D LOL