Current LA102 RRP's

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Current LA102 RRP's

Post by solarpak » 13 Apr 2019, 1:42 pm

Seems like a bit of a smack in the face.....One QLD gun shop advertising the LA102 with the poly stock for $1150 new......

Bit annoying when many of us paid around $1400 or so to support this new Australian hunting rifle when they first come out onto the market...

With the 223/243 issues.........i suppose those of us who have the LA102's are now stuck with them - what would a used one now command when you can get them new for $1150.......

Oh well ....... thats what you get for buying and selling firearms as a private owner!!

CK
Last edited by solarpak on 13 Apr 2019, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Re: Current LA102 RRP's

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 Apr 2019, 7:55 pm

As a no fuss, cash buyer I'd be happy to pay $600

There's a start :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by solarpak » 13 Apr 2019, 8:13 pm

One wheel ........

thats the gist of it....... i suppose firearm prices fluctuate like the weather ........!!!

Well at least the recall was only applied to the 223 and 243.....ind i really hope that Lithgow dont have any more quality issues with their rifles in the future.

I suppose they conducted the recall the best way they could through the ACCC too.....and its good to read that they are getting there with the barrel changes.

Only they would know how many rifles were affected and how many have been re-barrelled- and i would dare say that there are many users who have no intention to send their rifles in OR are totally unaware of the issues.

CK
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 14 Apr 2019, 4:20 am

solarpak wrote:Seems like a bit of a smack in the face.....One QLD gun shop advertising the LA102 with the poly stock for $1150 new......

Bit annoying when many of us paid around $1400 or so to support this new Australian hunting rifle when they first come out onto the market...

With the 223/243 issues.........i suppose those of us who have the LA102's are now stuck with them - what would a used one now command when you can get them new for $1150.......

Oh well ....... thats what you get for buying and selling firearms as a private owner!!

CK

I think this is the normality of buying any brand new product, once it becomes successful then the price comes down.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 14 Apr 2019, 7:03 am

Mate note sure, but you swing you think your 2nd hand la102 is still worth 1400 (excluding the 1150 price from this shop).

Well I bought a 2nd gen1 ruger precision rifle for 1100, new price was 2k. Lightly used.

As I said prices of everything drop once youth buy it new unless yours is still in its original box and never used.

And that 1100 price will work out to about 1300 once it gets interstate, so unless you are in qld you still be able to sell it higher.

What I don't get is people asking same price for a gun with 500 or 1000 rounds as a new gun, and yes I have seen some on gun websites like that, they usually have a 1k scopre and sell a 2k gun for 3k. Lol
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Bruiser64 » 14 Apr 2019, 9:26 am

Ziad wrote:Mate note sure, but you swing you think your 2nd hand la102 is still worth 1400 (excluding the 1150 price from this shop).

Well I bought a 2nd gen1 ruger precision rifle for 1100, new price was 2k. Lightly used.

As I said prices of everything drop once youth buy it new unless yours is still in its original box and never used.

And that 1100 price will work out to about 1300 once it gets interstate, so unless you are in qld you still be able to sell it higher.

What I don't get is people asking same price for a gun with 500 or 1000 rounds as a new gun, and yes I have seen some on gun websites like that, they usually have a 1k scopre and sell a 2k gun for 3k. Lol

It’s funny but some people struggle to accept that depreciation is a significant part of the cost of ownership. I live in a large ( for WA) country town. People here usually ask drug money prices for second hand items. Cars in particular. It’s like they don’t understand that the internet has been around a while and we can all research prices online. They end up just hanging on to the item for months on end.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Kumaabear » 16 Apr 2019, 1:33 pm

My brilliant strategy so far to avoiding having to factor the cost of depreciation into my firearms (among other stuff) is :

1. Buy what I actually want, not what I can afford right now when I decide I want something. This will mean I have to wait longer before I can get my new shiny thing so I can save the money.

Past evidence shows that failing to do this will only result in my eventually selling what I bought and "upgrading" to what I actually wanted in the first place and losing a bunch of money that could have gone towards the next thing.

2. Never sell tools, a good mechanical tool will last a lifetime if looked after. Guns are tools
Kumaabear
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Apr 2019, 7:33 pm

I adhere to your brilliant strategy, I never sell a firearm. I also shoot them so much they are not worth anything anyway when I am finished.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles