Chiappa Alaskan 357 mag

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Chiappa Alaskan 357 mag

Post by Shootermick » 18 Apr 2019, 9:06 pm

Anyone have any experience with the Chiappa lever actions? I’ve got a Marlin in 30/30 and a Browning in 22, but I have the itch for another lever. I like the look and all weather deal with the Alaskan, but don’t know anyone that’s actually owned one. And at around 2k a pop, it would want to be good. My Browning BL grade 2 is super nice, and I tossed up between it and a Henry, if the stainless Chiappa 22 version was on the shelf at the time I think I would have given it good consideration. So, are they any good or what??
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Chiappa Alaskan 357 mag

Post by in2anity » 19 Apr 2019, 10:47 pm

I had one - sure looked nice but was no Winchester or Marlin in terms of build quality. I say they are overpriced. I reckon Rossi’s are much more appropriately priced.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Re: Chiappa Alaskan 357 mag

Post by mickb » 20 Apr 2019, 4:01 pm

I havent used this gun but have to be honest have seen/heard a few other chiappa's with issues. When they are on they are on, but when they aren't it leaves me wondering who is managing quality control at their plant. They seem to get a pass despite this and are popular, especially with the yanks. I I'd prefer to pay rossi prices at that level personally. For 2k I'd want a winchester/miroku with some ammo chucked in
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Centerfire rifles