Uberti 1873 revolving carbine

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Uberti 1873 revolving carbine

Post by Dabi » 11 May 2019, 11:40 pm

Anyone have experiences with those? Mad aesthetics and really brings back the odd side of the Wild West, I'm thinking of getting one sometime but not sure how great Uberti's quality is especially their revolving carbines.
Attachments
1873-revolver-carbine.png
1873-revolver-carbine.png (435.37 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
large capacity fully auto military style assault flintlock
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: Uberti 1873 revolving carbine

Post by mickb » 22 May 2019, 8:53 pm

I always found them interesting myself. I think in the the day they had safety issues but you'd assume they are good now. I got a 45/410 circuit judge in the same vein. What I found the biggest problem is the noise, that cyclinder gap which when using a revolver is at least held at arms lengh, is now just under your ears with a revolver carbine. Dont fire these without hearing protection, even as a one off, is my advice.

I don't know what quality these are but uberti is generally considered pretty good. A lot of the cowboy action crew favour uberti and winchester in the 1873 lever actions, two of the most popular in the sport if that says anything.I dont think as much could go wrong with a revolver as with lever actions which can be more dependant on loaded lengths/feeding. Id suggest posting on the USA CAS, SSAS forums( cowboy action), also www.castboolits.com, there will be some US guys who have used them. Also call some aussie cowboy clubs and see if anyone usies them for fun. I found Cowboy Guns(store) in cowra gave good advice advice over the phone when I was looking into old levers, they might be able to help as well.

edited to say, just realised it was you dabi. How is the alfa 22 LR carbine going, did you recieve it yet?
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Re: Uberti 1873 revolving carbine

Post by Noisydad » 23 May 2019, 6:22 pm

Been wanting one for YEARS to add to my black powder fleet. Every dang time one’s come up for sale I’ve missed out by just a couple of hours.
I think there’s actually only one in all of Australia and it’s just doing the rounds once in 18 months or so.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles