Howa APC or HCR

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Howa APC or HCR

Post by mozza » 04 Jun 2019, 7:55 am

Hi all,

Looking at getting a HOWA Aussie Precision Chassis rifle and noticed that you can also by a similar version in HCR. Looking for advice/recommendation from anyone that owns either, pros/cons etc.

Also opinions on s/s or blued :)

Thanks
mozza
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Howa APC or HCR

Post by flutch » 04 Jun 2019, 4:31 pm

From memory one of them takes steel mags while the other takes mdt polymer ones, I personally would go for steel especially if they're aics, might cost more but be more sturdy, both are well made and strong chassis and design
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by SCJ429 » 04 Jun 2019, 4:59 pm

You need to be more careful with the Cro moly barrel and action with regards to rust. Pull it out of that chassis regularly and give it a wipe over with grease or what ever you use. Stainless is more forgiving if you live in wet or humid environments.

Chassis are good to use but the adjustable check piece on this one looks a bit flimsy and sloppy. Might look better in the flesh.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Asgard » 04 Jun 2019, 5:19 pm

Could check out the ORYX chassis by MDT.
Asgard
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by wannabustbunnies » 04 Jun 2019, 5:28 pm

You could always check out everyone's favourite gunship in QLD and pick up a barrelled action and any MDT stock of your choosing for the same price or less and they take AICS mags as well. Plenty of options there including the new Oryx. That is what I did but I got the ACC
There is also the KRG Bravo option as well or the GRS Bifrost
wannabustbunnies
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by solarpak » 05 Jun 2019, 7:52 am

For me the KRG Bravo looks rather neat - i prefer this over the skeletonise chassis out there - but the one-piece Oryx is very nice too.

CK
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by mozza » 05 Jun 2019, 11:00 am

Thanks for the replies......Guess some more research before final decision
mozza
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia