Tikka T3x Mag very hard to clip into rifle

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Tikka T3x Mag very hard to clip into rifle

Post by Asgard » 04 Jun 2019, 5:23 pm

Hey Folks,
I have tikka T3x in 223 and when I try to clip in the mag with rounds in it, it seems to require a large amount of force to get it to clip in properly with the bolt out or open.

Has anyone had this issue before?

If I close the bolt, clipping in the mag becomes a lot easier.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Asgard
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Tikka T3x Mag very hard to clip into rifle

Post by xDom » 04 Jun 2019, 5:35 pm

I’ve got the same rifle. It takes a slightly different technique to clip it in than my 22LR, which seems to clip in straight.
With the Tikka I need to push it up and then when it feels as though it’s in position, I place pressure on the muzzle end of the magazine in a
upwards motion.
Doing this until I hear it click into position.
If I can find a way to illustrate it I’ll post again later.
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Asgard » 04 Jun 2019, 5:46 pm

Thanks xdom, yes I have to do the same thing, and the front requires significant pressure to click into place.

Wondering if it's a common thing with these mags and rifles or if something is a bit off with mine.

I've tried taking the action out of the stock and reseating it, different action screw tensions really light makes it a bit easier and tighter makes it almost impossible to click in at all
Asgard
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by YoungBuck » 04 Jun 2019, 6:54 pm

It's harder to get the mag in with the bolt open / out!? That seems weird, if anything would be the other way around I'd have thought.
Not the same but my t3x .243 magazine clips into place fairly easily with and without ammo. Something doesn't sound quite right with yours. Considered taking it back to where you bought it to get them to have a look? If it's a dodgy mag might be an easy fix.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 05 Jun 2019, 7:51 am

Maybe try an old mates mag in your rifle. You could even take it to your LGS and try a mag off the shelf. If it fits but it.

From memory the tikka actions are all the same size so any caliber will probably fit.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles