Another Hornet Victim !

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Another Hornet Victim !

Post by Leadspitter » 01 Aug 2019, 11:19 pm

Don t sweat it dunc , youre a bit behind us guys in the eastern states.

Just kiddin , I was over in perth from jan 2000 til dec 2015 , willagee , south perth, bicton.

Worked on the mandurah rail line , de sal plant , several swings at murrim
murrin nickel , curtin uni , s**t i even jagged 3 months work on rotto, sparky.

Used to shoot at jarrahdale ssaa and a property at waroona

Used to snorkel for crabs in the swan
Loved the crabs bought from o connor industrial estate
Miss them crabs

Bailed when things crashed

Took 3 months for my PTA (permission to aquire to come thru) so its not all roses over here.

I hear that some US brass has nosedived , farmed out to china , at least serbia has nt sold out.

Leadspitter out.
Did you hear about the bloke who stopped talking to himself , because of something he said ?
Leadspitter
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by gunnnie » 04 Aug 2019, 12:10 pm

I also rate PPU brass, have been using it for over a decade. I'm running it in Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 6.5Swede, 308, 303, 7.62Long & 8mm Mauser.
For the older BRNO Hornets I will only run European brass as the rims are thicker & I find such brass to be of slightly better quality. I recently acquired a good quantity of Sako Hornet ammo. This is now solely for the ZKW465.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 04 Aug 2019, 5:53 pm

I like to use the ppu in the 17 ackley hornet, it is good brass and forms perfectly
where some other thinner brands get a bulge to one side :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles