Opinions on which left-hand rifle to buy

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Opinions on which left-hand rifle to buy

Post by stavro94 » 31 Aug 2019, 6:48 am

Hi fellas, been looking to buy a new rifle and due to being left handed the options arent to plentiful.
Ive narrowed down my choice to either the X-bolt hunter, savage 110 storm and remington 700 sps.

IRoughly all the same price range and after watching multiple youtube videos im still abit indecisive.

Curious to know if you where in my shoes what you would get lean towards or buy.
stavro94
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Opinions on which left-hand rifle to buy

Post by SCJ429 » 31 Aug 2019, 9:04 am

I would get myself a second hand Tikka Varmint in 223 if my budget was $1,000.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by JSS » 01 Sep 2019, 7:52 pm

Out of your 3 choices i'd have to say i'd give the savage a crack, it ticks more boxes for me personally. Although I'm a lefty too and all my c-fire bolt actions are Tikkas.

Best thing you can do is go in to the shop/shops and have a feel & play with them all, one will probably stand out for you.

Goodluck
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by PaddyT » 02 Sep 2019, 6:35 pm

ive got 2 Lh tikkas and they are smooth as silk, also got a LH Lithgow LA 101 in 22lr which is great to shoot and a RH Lithgow 308 which is also a bloody good rifle. The Tikkas are no fuss and boringly accurate and have heaps of LH options
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 03 Sep 2019, 9:59 pm

There is a Tikka Varmint in 204 on Ozgunsales for $1095. Any kacky hander would do very well with that rifle.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Farmerpete » 07 Sep 2019, 7:15 pm

If you want it for hunting there is a couple of 7600's in 243 for about the 1000 mark saw a new one in 308 for around 1300 at a large online qld gun store on special.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles