SA rifle ranges with no membership?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

SA rifle ranges with no membership?

Post by Dilmah » 24 Sep 2019, 1:12 pm

Hi fellas

I am new to shooting and was wondering if there is a range is south Australia I can go to,so I can practice and zero my rifle without having to join a club and compete ,as it seems that is the only way to get access to the shooting ranges.
Any information on the subject is greatly appreciated.
Dilmah
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: SA rifle ranges with no membership?

Post by bladeracer » 24 Sep 2019, 2:33 pm

Dilmah wrote:Hi fellas

I am new to shooting and was wondering if there is a range is south Australia I can go to,so I can practice and zero my rifle without having to join a club and compete ,as it seems that is the only way to get access to the shooting ranges.
Any information on the subject is greatly appreciated.

SSAA ranges are your best bet I think. Independent clubs often seem to have the mentality that unless you're there to support their club, you can start you're own club before they'll let you pay to use theirs. Also, lots of smaller clubs only exist so the handful of members can get their shoots in without having to travel, so they're only open once or twice a month for their members to shoot those comps.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 24 Sep 2019, 8:28 pm

Try myponga pistol club. They will let you shoot there for a nominal fee without needing to join. At least,they did a while back. And even better if you're mates with a member lol.

The SSAA ones that I've talked to will let you shoot once or twice.....after which they expect you to join....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Dilmah » 25 Sep 2019, 10:45 am

No worrys,thanks fellas
Dilmah
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Bridgy » 28 Sep 2019, 7:28 pm

I go to SSAA Para to zero/plink with my rifles. I've been doing it a few times a year for a few years now, and haven't joined up, mostly because I don't think I would get the use out of a yearly membership YET...once I have more weekend time I'll definitely be doing it.

it is $50 a visit though when you do it that way though.
Bridgy
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Return to Centerfire rifles