Upgrade to a .204?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Upgrade to a .204?

Post by xDom » 14 Oct 2019, 6:48 am

bladeracer wrote:
Peter988 wrote:So what about the 204 discussion. I was enjoying that.

Hopefully xdom has already ordered himself a .204 :-)
I love the Ruger American Predator myself, in .204 and in .223.

I've already got a Ruger American in 22 Mag. Neat little rifle. nice and light. Would that be the same format as the American Predator in .204?
My Magnum was only about $650, if I remember.
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Upgrade to a .204?

Post by bladeracer » 14 Oct 2019, 7:12 am

xDom wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
Peter988 wrote:So what about the 204 discussion. I was enjoying that.

Hopefully xdom has already ordered himself a .204 :-)
I love the Ruger American Predator myself, in .204 and in .223.

I've already got a Ruger American in 22 Mag. Neat little rifle. nice and light. Would that be the same format as the American Predator in .204?
My Magnum was only about $650, if I remember.

Similar, but not the same, the centrefires have much larger actions with locking lugs on the bolts. I have the Compact and Target rimfires, as well as the Precision Rimfire, all in.22LR. In centrefires I have Predators in .204, .223 and .243, and the 7mm-08 in the Standard model. These are all the same Short Action, all identical except for the chambering. The Standard model has a lighter barrel with unthreaded muzzle. They use two different magazines and bolts for the .223 and .308 bolt faces. All of mine are in MDT LSS chassis using AICS 10rd mags, which allow loading .223Rem .200" longer than the standard (2.260" cartridge) with long VLD/ELD bullets.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles