Wedgetail MPR308 "Rhonda"

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Wedgetail MPR308 "Rhonda"

Post by Medb » 16 Oct 2019, 1:11 pm

Thread for discussing anything related to this rifle.

There is seemingly very little information around about these rifles, and I don't use any social media where I understand the bulk of the info about this rifle is.

I would be interested in hearing frankly anything about them. Anyone own one? know someone who owns one? on the waiting list for one? like it? hate it? Anyone with knowledge about when they are going to ship (I was told they were releasing an updated model late this year?)

They have a booth down at Shot Show Melbourne this weekend, anyone here attending and planning on checking them out?

Keen on hearing any info or opinions people have

Cheers
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Wedgetail MPR308 "Rhonda"

Post by Jakethefake » 20 Oct 2019, 11:55 am

I emailed them a while back about ordering one, but I haven't heard anything yet. But apparently they have a big backlog and haven't got back to a lot of people, according to their comments on instagram.
It will be the most expensive firearm I've owned (if it comes to fruition) but it makes me very happy that people in Australia are still having a go at firearms manufacturing and I want to support them. And I like the idea of a pump action much better than the straight pulls like the Warwick.
Jakethefake
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by InisBineest » 20 Oct 2019, 12:12 pm

I would have liked the Warwick to be a pump action! But i was happy to get one for much the same reason, very happy to see Aussie companies making excellent firearms!
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by 8x57 » 20 Oct 2019, 8:03 pm

I ordered one almost two years ago, and have had two PTAs expire waiting for it had a couple of email replies from the manufacturer along the lines of we are getting to it but nothing heard for about eights months.
They are are starting to get out now very slowly and from what I have read have had a few teething issues with the first lot and now are releasing the second generation with the bugs ironed out. Wedgetail had a stand at the lasted SSAA shot show which was very well received.
It seems to be a very small company with only one bloke running the show so I can imagine it would take some time to get a rifle but they certainly look the goods and by all reports shoot well.
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Medb » 20 Oct 2019, 10:40 pm

8x57 wrote:I ordered one almost two years ago, and have had two PTAs expire waiting for it had a couple of email replies from the manufacturer along the lines of we are getting to it but nothing heard for about eights months.

Damn,

I'll stop holding my breath on hearing back from them anytime soon then, since I've only been waiting 6 months.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by keenstalking22 » 24 Oct 2019, 12:23 pm

Handled the model at ssaa shot show, it felt really nice as you would expect for 2.8k. I would probably consider getting one in the future after reviews come out. There are a couple other companies making AR style straight pulls and also warwick has come out with a pump action modification to their wfa1s you should check out.
keenstalking22
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by cracker » 24 Oct 2019, 2:51 pm

keenstalking22 wrote:Handled the model at ssaa shot show, it felt really nice as you would expect for 2.8k. I would probably consider getting one in the future after reviews come out. There are a couple other companies making AR style straight pulls and also warwick has come out with a pump action modification to their wfa1s you should check out.

details on the pump action warrick ?
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Medb » 24 Oct 2019, 6:45 pm

cracker wrote:
keenstalking22 wrote:Handled the model at ssaa shot show, it felt really nice as you would expect for 2.8k. I would probably consider getting one in the future after reviews come out. There are a couple other companies making AR style straight pulls and also warwick has come out with a pump action modification to their wfa1s you should check out.

Not sure myself but perhaps it's this thing here

https://www.instazu.com/media/2121836669157335560

https://theinsta-stalker.com/share/BvOJE3qn5sF

So looks like a mod to make the straight pull bolt essentially "pump action", it's not a "true" pump under the forend like the wedgetail.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Crazy » 30 Oct 2019, 2:21 pm

cracker wrote:

ICENG are making it for the Warkwick, believe their in the prototype phase. I handled it at Shotshow with the pump and i like it a lot.
Crazy
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by cracker » 30 Oct 2019, 2:53 pm

think for the money the old remington platform pump action rifles will have to do for now.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles