Show us ya barrel contour

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Show us ya barrel contour

Post by Am88 » 07 Nov 2019, 8:35 am

in2anity wrote:Isn't it interesting, we all have our own tastes - for shots up to and including 300m (which is 90% of my shooting), you'll rarely catch me using a scope far beyond a 40mm obj. I always aim to mount the scope as low as humanely possible. Closer to the bore the better in my books. To each to their own. :drinks:

Yeah I have both TBH, I think it's just mainly what I will use it for, low light work and spotlight work, I'm sure it's half true and half placebo effect aswell of a bigger objective in lower light ha ha field of view is pretty good but on bigger lens compared to my 40mm scopes.
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 07 Nov 2019, 8:51 am

in2anity wrote:
bigrich wrote:Sako triggers are very nice, but the model 70, triggers and actions, are brilliant in their simplicity. I don’t mind them ;)

What do you estimate your m70 trigger weight to be BR?

Dunno to be honest, I adjust the pull weight to what feels right for me. You can get 70 triggers adjusted quite light . I’d say my pull weight is the lightest on my 222 to suit what I do , the 6.5 is a bit heavier as it’s a “walk about “ sporter. Amazing how much lighter a trigger feels when you’re adrenaline is up . ;) all our tastes in rifles are different, which makes things interesting. Otherwise we’d just be talking about how nicely our 223 Tikka t3’s shoot , and it would be a short conversation :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by in2anity » 14 Dec 2019, 2:31 pm

1E5B44BE-35B5-457C-8C96-6780CD714E9B.jpeg
Lothar-Walter varmint profile, cut down to 22”. HOWA 1500SA. HOWA walnut. 223.
1E5B44BE-35B5-457C-8C96-6780CD714E9B.jpeg (140.32 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles