Thank You

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Thank You

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 19 Nov 2019, 9:13 am

Hi Guys

I hope youse are well

I wanted to thank everyone who commented on my posts helping me out selecting my 1st firearm

I've decided to buy the: "RUGER PRECISION RIMFIRE RIFLE 22L" for my first rifle

I'll see how I go with this one to start with, develop some good habits and what not

And then potentially down the track, I may move onto the bigger caliber, we'll see how we go, there is no rush

Thank you all

God Bless you all

And most importantly

God Bless Australia
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Thank You

Post by bigrich » 19 Nov 2019, 4:34 pm

no worries mate . ya might get some cheeky replies at times, but generally most folks on here are happy to help. best of luck with your new purchase , i've heard the ruger precision is a very good bit of gear . put a decent scope on it and your set .

now there's another can of worms for forum members , what scope for r-lads ruger ? i have a leupold 3-9x40 rimfire scope on my cz, with a very usable ballistic drop duplex . i had a nikko stirling "benchmaster" on a rifle a while ago . very good scope for the $100 i paid . but the lens qaulity of the loopy is so much better . so fellas , any recommendations for r-lad :unknown:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 20 Nov 2019, 8:40 pm

Congratulations on choosing a rifle i didn't read the other thread so i don't know what people told you but I would be concerned about buying a .22 as your first rifle because you will out grow it real quick. The effective range is about 100 yd and with a good optic you should be hitting that consistently within a few weeks and the small round is too forgiving so you won't learn how to handle recoil.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by bladeracer » 20 Nov 2019, 9:11 pm

linkoln wrote:Congratulations on choosing a rifle i didn't read the other thread so i don't know what people told you but I would be concerned about buying a .22 as your first rifle because you will out grow it real quick. The effective range is about 100 yd and with a good optic you should be hitting that consistently within a few weeks and the small round is too forgiving so you won't learn how to handle recoil.

I've never outgrown my .22's, they're still damned good fun, and I still shoot a lot more .22LR ammo than anything else.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Clem » 22 Nov 2019, 10:42 am

I have one of those Rugers in my sights. My young fella is keen to start shooting and it would be a great gun to get him started with,,,,,to be honest I would be using it as well. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Clem
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles