Remington 700 police trigger

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Remington 700 police trigger

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 10 Jan 2020, 3:51 pm

Hi All
Can anyone tell me if they have experience with the X Mark trigger. Ive heard they are only adjustable heavier and generally only go down to around 4lbs.
I cant see Gunbloke has a kit (spring) All reports I can see on net say ditch it.

Cheers
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Remington 700 police trigger

Post by SCJ429 » 10 Jan 2020, 4:21 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:I cant see Gunbloke has a kit (spring) All reports I can see on net say ditch it.

Cheers

Probably for good reason. I would get a Timney.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by sungazer » 10 Jan 2020, 4:24 pm

Lots of good options out there for a Remington 700 trigger. Jewel and Timney are probably the most common. I have a Huber Concepts and it is excellent and they have also come down in price since I bought mine.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by in2anity » 10 Jan 2020, 6:24 pm

Suck it up and get a Timney. You won’t be disappointed. Buy once, cry once.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 10 Jan 2020, 9:53 pm

here's a bit of a read about remington triggers for you https://www.cnbc.com/remington-under-fire/

timneys are good
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by flashman » 11 Jan 2020, 9:56 am

So glad I don't have one............ :shock:
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by InisBineest » 11 Jan 2020, 11:12 am

I put a Rifle Basix Trigger on my 700 and found that to eb a good option. They are cheaper than a Timney, but i find them generally comparable. That said, the Timney is not that much more expensive, and have a bit more adjustment in them... I'd go Rifle Basix if your on a budget, but i'd still get a Timney if you can manage. There are more expensive options too, but i can't speak for those.
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Wapiti » 11 Jan 2020, 11:33 am

Not sure why so many replace these triggers, maybe the polish and spring option is not an option for some?

I have three of these triggers, one in the same rifle as the thread title, a 300 Sendero and a 300 RUM stainless sporter, and all have had the Dremel polish, replaced the tiny rail-car heavy spring with the 2lb option. All are like glass and can be adjusted below 2lb. On the sporter, it's too light down near the bottom. 1-1/2 pounds has caught me out too often in the field.
And you can also adjust the creep, and the overtravel. Same as aftermarket replacements actually, except for the lawyer stupid hard little spring that's standard.
If I compare it to a Jewel I have on a Stilled Actioned LR rifle, the only difference is that this Jewel goes down to ounces, which is useless in the field, almost silly lying prone actually.

Compared to any factory gun I've bought, Sakos, 40XB, Win mod 70 etc, the Rem triggers have the best potential. There isn't a factory rifle with a trigger somebody won't whinge about. Keeps the trigger makers bank accounts full I spose.
Wapiti
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by marksman » 11 Jan 2020, 11:33 am

InisBineest wrote:I put a Rifle Basix Trigger on my 700 and found that to eb a good option. They are cheaper than a Timney, but i find them generally comparable. That said, the Timney is not that much more expensive, and have a bit more adjustment in them... I'd go Rifle Basix if your on a budget, but i'd still get a Timney if you can manage. There are more expensive options too, but i can't speak for those.

l have a rifle basix trigger in my ruger VT because they were the only ones to make the adjustable triggers for this rifle at that time
but l do rate them very highly :thumbsup: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by scoot » 11 Jan 2020, 11:44 am

There are heeeeaps of options for rem 700 triggers.....

Timney
Triggertech
jewel
Elf
Rifle basic

2stage
Single stage
Thin shoe
Straight shoe
:crazy:
The list is endless.
If you trawl the net you can find bargains for not much more than a good Smith will charge to "rework" a factory trigger.
I have a timney 510 I got fitted/adjusted for around $300 when I had some other stuff getting done.feels nice :thumbsup:
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by scoot » 11 Jan 2020, 11:48 am

P.S. I had played a little with the factory trigger and it was fine for hunting. Swapped it out just cos but I am happier with the timney feel and profile.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Centerfire rifles