New Rossi 92?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: New Rossi 92?

Post by ozzielee303 » 25 Apr 2020, 9:40 pm

Hi
I have two Rossi's M92
The first one I bought was 2nd hand,in 44 mag with a 24 inch barrel half round/half octagonal,the owner had done work to it for a smoother action and feeding,I was told it was a cowboy gun he used to use it in,it is a very nice gun,that I have used to shoot a mob of goats and pigs a few years back,while my mates where loading there bolt actions,I was still shooting,in the end they bought one each as well for the following year.
I have heard you have to "polish" them up a bit,but my second one I got in 2008 in 454 Casull,only needed a few burrs taken off the bolt and still going.
Here are a few pics of mine

454 Puma.jpg
454 Rossi Puma
454 Puma.jpg (175.48 KiB) Viewed 4225 times

Rossi92.jpg
44 Mag Rossi
Rossi92.jpg (52.2 KiB) Viewed 4225 times

Sorry about the 44 Mag pic,it was one of the times I tried to fix a photo and it did not come out that well :D
I like my Rossi's,they are well made and fun to use shooting at game or targets,well worth it.
:drinks:
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: New Rossi 92?

Post by ozzielee303 » 26 Apr 2020, 1:33 pm

Just a quick note,my Rossi 454 came with a black varnished stock,but I could see the nice wood underneath,so I decided to sand it all back and coat it and the pic up top is the results :)
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles