Dealer discounts at the moment?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Dealer discounts at the moment?

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 01 May 2020, 3:54 pm

I paid around 2800-3000 for my rpr 338lap, so 2650 is probably someone not realising that price have gone up.

But all this bull tish anly exchange rates, has anyone looked at the exchange rate, it went from 66 to 60 but now it's 64/65. So there is no reason for any prices rises anymore. Except the importer screwing us over.

I have a deposit down on a cz in 22lr since last year, i am going to see Winchester hold their price... whenever they finally import it. saying that tempted with the cz515
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 01 May 2020, 4:20 pm

When did you buy yours mate? 2018? Some websites for dealers have them for $4200 at the minute!!! They definitely have gone up more than any other firearm that I have seen. I reckon that the wholesaler is raising the price because they can. The ones they are selling are probably old stock that was imported before the lockdowns. Mine was $3999. I don't regret it but that is a hell expensive price to pay.

I hope Aussie brands like Lithgow and Warwick etc start releasing new ranges as I would like to start buying more local.
Last edited by AussieCapitalist on 01 May 2020, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bill » 01 May 2020, 4:22 pm

Seargant Hartmann I wouldnt hold ya breather with Winchester, I d expect they will argue not our fault take it or leave it.

I have a deposit down with a major gunshop and a receipt for the full price, at the time I was negotiating I mentioned that the price was a little high and they mentioned they have to allow a little for the aussie dollar. Ill be holding them to it ;)
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 01 May 2020, 4:32 pm

What's your deposit for bill?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 01 May 2020, 5:27 pm

Hey AC, sorry mate i had a mental fart... i paid 3200
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Bill » 01 May 2020, 6:39 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:What's your deposit for bill?

Volquartsen :thumbsup:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 02 May 2020, 4:24 pm

Prices like $4000 are going to stop sales of them in their tracks I would think. People could either make customs or buy brands like Sako for that sort of money.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 02 May 2020, 9:12 pm

Mate a 338lap under 6k new you only have 2 options, savage and ruger rpr. The 300wm abs 338 in the rpr are about 1k premium over the standard. In US street prices are lot cheaper than the Australian price... but that would be for everything
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 02 May 2020, 9:19 pm

Prices don't stop anything mate. People still smoke when a pack is now worth over $50. Some of those Barrets are nearly 15grand. The ruger is great value for money compared to other brands in the magnum calibres.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 02 May 2020, 9:46 pm

Hey if i had space in my safe idd get a desert tech in a heart beat.... as long as the wife doesn't find out...or she might use me as target practice
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 02 May 2020, 10:13 pm

Bullpups freak me out mate. I cant get use to them.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles