some 6.5 creedmoor questions

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: some 6.5 creedmoor questions

Post by Blr243 » 27 May 2020, 7:55 am

Ta bro. Be nice to your Akita’s With all this time on my hands I googled different breed bite powers in psi ...am staffies were relatively low , Kangal were the strongest and Akita’s and Doberman’s were right up there .... regarding having to go thru horrible stuff. The blood and the bites and the pain and the expense is nothing compared to seeing your best mate struggling to breath as you are fighting to save his life ........and despite your efforts you are thinking the worst that he is going to be still and lifeless very soon. ....and on the subject of driving , I once heard about a priest in the old days he was on the grog big time and decided to leave his friends place and drive home. They were very concerned that he would drive home in that drunken state ... 30 mins later when they heard a knock on the door they were expecting the worst ( possible authorities dealing with an accident.) But it was the priest ... he had returned to say “ I just wanted to let you know that I made it home ok”
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 27 May 2020, 1:49 pm

you have shown great courage, endurance, initiative, discipline, and mateship Blr :thumbsup:

hope you and your mate heal quickly :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by MJW380 » 27 May 2020, 7:18 pm

Hope it doesn’t end up infected blr, this time last year the kids got a new cat, it tried to do a runner the night we got it and took off out the back door. It couldn’t figure out how to jump over our fence and ended up under the house. I cornered it under there and Croat up to it and grabbed it, bad call, it bit and scratched the beJesus out of both my hands, but I didn’t let go, then had to crawl out thru dirt holding car with blood coming out of both hands. To hospital job, tetanus shot, wrap up hands and very sore and sorry. Then 2 days later back to the hospital cause one hand got cellulitis, which is an infection, and spent 5 nights in hossy in a drip. Everyone I know found it rather amusing.
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 27 May 2020, 8:31 pm

Thank u men for the support .....one of the nurses here said that for some reason cat bites are likely to go bad on you more so than a dog. No idea why. I have had cellulitis before. They are pumping me full of antiboytics and I will take home a strong batch of them to assist with keeping the wounds from turning bad ......I’m post op now and have been told it went well. My brain state coming off the anesthesia was mad crazy .. I’ve never felt so out of it freaky on another planet ......my favourite nurse that dishes out the endone readily has just started her shift I’m so glad to see her. I know now she will give me the goods. So I can at least have some pain free sleep
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 27 May 2020, 8:33 pm

If all goes well here tonight and tomorrow morning I think they will allow me to leave. The pa hospital has been amazing , they have a good reputation
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by MJW380 » 27 May 2020, 8:37 pm

That’s good news Blr, hopefully you aren’t roomed with snorers or anything...
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Ziege » 28 May 2020, 12:07 am

What the f*** did I miss?
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Blr243 » 28 May 2020, 6:51 am

Zeitge. The only thing u have missed is having your hand well chewed by my dog so that’s a good thing
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 28 May 2020, 11:02 am

Yeouch
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Blr243 » 28 May 2020, 12:03 pm

In hospital there was social distancing going on so we were not crammed in. I only heard one bloke snoreing for les than a minute. Sleeping with endone it’s easier not to hear others snoring ...There was a patient in there who was load and a big talker. He just would not shut up It was noticeably quiet when he left
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by webdogs » 30 May 2020, 9:25 pm

Thought I read somewhere the US military snipers have gone to 6.5cm. Might have something to do with less drop, less effected by wind, better ballistics, able to do the job. If the swedes are knocking down elk with it it'll do the job on any deer or pig here.
webdogs
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Harrynsw » 31 May 2020, 3:58 pm

webdogs wrote:Thought I read somewhere the US military snipers have gone to 6.5cm. Might have something to do with less drop, less effected by wind, better ballistics, able to do the job. If the swedes are knocking down elk with it it'll do the job on any deer or pig here.

I read the same thing, supposedly it will be replacing their .308 platform.
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Ziege » 02 Jun 2020, 1:04 am

All indications I saw was that the 6.8spc would replace it in the USA and Europe.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Harrynsw » 09 Jun 2020, 4:35 pm

You mighr find this vid interesting
https://youtu.be/uMFDMkN06vc
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Harrynsw » 09 Jun 2020, 6:04 pm

Harrynsw wrote:
webdogs wrote:Thought I read somewhere the US military snipers have gone to 6.5cm. Might have something to do with less drop, less effected by wind, better ballistics, able to do the job. If the swedes are knocking down elk with it it'll do the job on any deer or pig here.

I read the same thing, supposedly it will be replacing their .308 platform.

https://youtu.be/04KTHFDPLrc
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Next

Return to Centerfire rifles