New trigger spring

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

New trigger spring

Post by Jarhead » 21 Jul 2020, 4:46 pm

Hey all!

I have made a number of good decisions over the years (wish they outnumbered the bad ones :? ).

A recent one was buying a new trigger spring for my Tikka T3. I ordered this about a week ago online and it arrived yesterday.

It took me about 10 minutes to change out the factory spring- the new spring came with a single A4 sheet with simple instructions- only about 6 steps. I needed only 2.5mm and 5mm hex keys- and a torx T-25 on an in/lb torque wrench for the action screws.

The trigger is factory adjustable and was good at it lowest setting. It is now GREAT about midway through the adjustment range.

I popped in a snap cap and squeezed. 0 creep. 100% crisp. SNAP!!! & Adjustable in the range you want it adjusted.

It was so good it overcame the wry thoughts I had initially - paying $14 for a sheet of A4 and what looked like half an old ball point pen spring.

I didn't know how bad I wanted one of these until just now!

Needed to share. If you have a factory trigger, and want it better- you want one of these too but don't know it yet......a guy called Gunbloke sells them on eBay- have a look.
Regards,

Jarhead
Tikka T3 6.5 CM (2660 fps)

The Mustang looks the fastest but it's not.
Jarhead
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: New trigger spring

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Jul 2020, 8:12 am

Jar - I agree 1000% and align with everything you just said. The howa 300wm has an absolute nail of a trigger but it’s a matter of not really knowing, what you don’t really know...

How glorious is it to be settling in to fire a shot and just as your thinking your ready - BANG! The New trigger catching you out. BUT - does make you wonder...these $15 springs - why don’t they fix them like that at factory...it’s tiny $ vs purchase price of rifle and they really do transform the firearm.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by SCJ429 » 22 Jul 2020, 8:31 am

It is because they sell them to joe Public, especially in the US, and if they give them a decent trigger someone will take them to court because the accidentally shot someone and blame the light trigger.

I got some springs for my Tikkas from YoDave in Canada, turns the Tikka trigger into one of the best around. Have to feel sorry for the blokes getting Remingtons and having to spend a couple of hundred on a decent replacement trigger.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by firstguns » 08 Sep 2020, 8:52 am

Not to necro this thread, but I bought a new spring for my 1500 .223 off GunBloke on eBay, and it's awesome. Like OP, it was about 17 bucks with free shipping. an A4 sheet of paper and a spring out of a pen, and all of a sudden my alright trigger is bloody crisp and awesome. Best 17 bucks I've spent, and I'll be doing the same thing with any future guns too.
firstguns
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 08 Sep 2020, 10:37 am

I.purchased same thing from. Gun bloke ad it turned up fast
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 08 Sep 2020, 10:43 am

and l spent $500 on a kepplinger :thumbsdown: :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 08 Sep 2020, 5:56 pm

I liked the spring so much I bought 4 of them!
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Sep 2020, 5:59 pm

Blr243 wrote:I.purchased same thing from. Gun bloke ad it turned up fast

That sounds like you haven’t put it in yet lol. It’s not hard, just fiddling and like your first time shaving your scrotum, care should be taken but it’s not hard...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Sep 2020, 6:41 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
That sounds like you haven’t put it in yet lol. It’s not hard, just fiddling and like your first time shaving your scrotum, care should be taken but it’s not hard...

:shock: :? :o
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Jarhead » 10 Sep 2020, 7:00 am

TassieTiger wrote:
Blr243 wrote:I.purchased same thing from. Gun bloke ad it turned up fast

Bahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!.....Long deep breath.......Bahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!
Regards,

Jarhead
Tikka T3 6.5 CM (2660 fps)

The Mustang looks the fastest but it's not.
Jarhead
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles