Anybody own a Cooper rifle?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Anybody own a Cooper rifle?

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Mar 2014, 3:46 pm

Dose anybody own a cooper? I've just bought one & would like to know any thoughts or issues from people that do own one. Thanks
Member-Deleted

Re: Cooper

Post by Berper » 17 Mar 2014, 4:41 pm

Ha.

I was going to say "yeah, one of the guys just bought one and mentioned in another topic".

Searched for it, the person was you :lol:
Berper
Private
Private

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Mar 2014, 5:13 pm

Lol, thanks
Member-Deleted

Post by Mark TAC » 18 Mar 2014, 9:24 am

If I had one I would cuddle it to sleep for at least a week.
Maker of carbon fibre / Kevlar(TM) tactical stocks
www.MSTactical.com

CZ 452 .22 - Leupy 2-7x33
Rem700 VSF .22/250 - Bushnell Elite 4200 6-20x40
Rem700 Sendero .300WinMag - Leupold 3.5-10x40 LR/T
Sako L461 custom .222 - Sighton SII 3-9x42
Mark TAC
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Mar 2014, 11:32 am

Mark TAC wrote:If I had one I would cuddle it to sleep for at least a week.

Sell some of the crappingtons & you could. Depending on what you want there no more expensive than a sauer or sako. After checking out a whole heap of them I'm a little concerned as they are only test shot with handloads. Where the other two are done with factory loads.
Member-Deleted

Re: Anybody own a Cooper rifle?

Post by Mark TAC » 18 Mar 2014, 10:27 pm

^^^ a little uncalled for when I just complimented your new rifle.

IIRC, one "crappington" shoots .35moa with factory ammo and the s**ty scope it wears for the time being.
The other "crappington" still shoots around 1moa with a worn out barrel that was recrowned and set back for a re-throat.

My choice to not buy a Cooper is because I throw my cash at other things, but yeah I'd like to own one as they are a nice piece of kit.
Maker of carbon fibre / Kevlar(TM) tactical stocks
www.MSTactical.com

CZ 452 .22 - Leupy 2-7x33
Rem700 VSF .22/250 - Bushnell Elite 4200 6-20x40
Rem700 Sendero .300WinMag - Leupold 3.5-10x40 LR/T
Sako L461 custom .222 - Sighton SII 3-9x42
Mark TAC
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Mar 2014, 10:28 am

Mark a bit thicker skin is called for I think.

I will bag crappingtons until they make a rifle that shoots like most others & doesn't need new parts to aid it.

If most people that buy them are prepared to change there parts to help them shoot that's there decision & good luck to them. I've shot a few with different triggers/barrel etc.. And they shot well because of that.

The new ones don't have a bad rap for nothing.

No personal offence was intended.
Member-Deleted

Post by Ken » 19 Mar 2014, 1:44 pm

Mark TAC wrote:IIRC, one "crappington" shoots .35moa with factory ammo and the s**ty scope it wears for the time being.

Good stuff :D

If yours are shooting that good then no worries!

Not everyone's having such luck with more recent models based on a lot of comments.
Whatever you do, don't look at the mayonnaise...
Ken
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by reddog » 19 Mar 2014, 6:00 pm

Jaso but your happy to put $4000 on a rifle and then be concerned about the test targets?

I would have thought you would have asked questions before you put your money down, or did you buy it just to say you've got one?

You say no personal offence was meant but you slag off at peoples rifles after they pay you a compliment?

Did you mean no personal offence when you called someone a f-wit in another post?

I thought most of these people disappeared with the other forum?

Just because you have more money to spend makes you no better than anyone else and thats my 2c worth.
reddog
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Mar 2014, 6:59 pm

I know rifles get tested but not by handloads. It doesn't say anywhere on there website or the dealer website. I seen the shot card in a photo with the rifle & then looked at other coopers on there website & noticed everyone was shot with a handload. As for the crappington I'll bag them today, tomorrow & every other day! I've always bagged them & always will until they change. Once again I didn't bag anyone only one specific brand of rifle. As for the rest I couldn't give a rats! Have a nice evening Image
Member-Deleted

Return to Centerfire rifles