The 300 blackout sucks, or does it....

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: The 300 blackout sucks, or does it....

Post by straightshooter » 05 Jan 2021, 6:54 am

I find it difficult to comprehend what all the fuss is about!
Each cartridge has been designed for some specific application although some enjoy wider application and usefulness as compared to others.
To use an automotive analogy, how would you view somebody who complains that a 10 ton truck doesn't handle like a sports car and does a standing quarter measured in minutes instead of seconds? Or vice-versa?
On the other hand I would have thought that "Dad's Army" type shooters would have embraced the 300 Blackout for their putative competitions, as the ranges they shoot over are rather modest and the 300Blk chambering if exploited intelligently has the capacity to offer many advantages for their style of shooting.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: The 300 blackout sucks, or does it....

Post by in2anity » 05 Jan 2021, 7:49 am

Thanks Mr F-brigade. Obviously the blk has absolutely zilch to do with service discipline or CSD - it’s just we have a “non-service” category in our particular club to attract younger members, which is ungraded and open to any rifle/caliber. It’s still the classic 3-P service stances however, shooting the same details.

That’s just the backdrop I happened to test the blk against, out to 400m, and it shoots just fine to 200m. Beyond that it gets a bit harder to use, when compared with the bigger/heavier service rifle calibers. But for field positions at closeish distance, no the blk certainly does not “suck”
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles