.222 Accuracy

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: .222 Accuracy

Post by animalpest » 17 Dec 2020, 9:42 pm

Blr243 - roos have more stringent rules because we are shooting our national emblem by the truck load. Having a maximum shooting range of 200m makes a lot of sence from an animal welfare perspective.

Some species have rules, some have guidelines. Deer have minimum calibres in their rules. In WA, pigs, camels, horses, cattle all have minimum calibres in Codes of Practice that if not followed can result in huge fines.

The are National Standard Operational Procedures for many species for trapping and shooting but these are only guidelines.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 18 Dec 2020, 9:10 am

animalpest wrote:Blr243 - roos have more stringent rules because we are shooting our national emblem by the truck load. Having a maximum shooting range of 200m makes a lot of sence from an animal welfare perspective.

Some species have rules, some have guidelines. Deer have minimum calibres in their rules. In WA, pigs, camels, horses, cattle all have minimum calibres in Codes of Practice that if not followed can result in huge fines.

The are National Standard Operational Procedures for many species for trapping and shooting but these are only guidelines.

Caliber guidelines are needed, and Rightly so too. I’ve seen a clown I used to know, against the advice of myself and others, pepper a goat with chest shots from a 17hmr. That goat got into the thick stuff before I could finish the poor thing with a 6.5 Swede, and would’ve died a horrible slow death . Needless to say I don’t associate with that fool anymore and I would rather be over-gunned for game these days
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Dec 2020, 2:05 pm

SSAA I think.

hunting recommendations .png
hunting recommendations .png (128.77 KiB) Viewed 933 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by boingk » 19 Dec 2020, 12:49 am

Minimum, schminimum.

Just take the 45-70 and you'll be covered.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles