buy a new sako 85 ?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: buy a new sako 85 ?

Post by bigrich » 14 Apr 2021, 7:04 pm

brinny wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
bigrich wrote:

I think he deleted himself, not mods.

How do you delete yourself mate...??

have you had any bedding issues with the sako 85's brinny ? ya said ya had a few , i'm thinking about bedding mine at some point just to garuntee better consistancy . what's your views.......
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 14 Apr 2021, 8:00 pm

I have four laminated stocks, two of them are Sako. Never had any issues and never bedded the Sako stocks. They shoot very well anyhow. Never noticed any burnt wood in the laminate either.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 14 Apr 2021, 8:47 pm

SCJ429 wrote:I have four laminated stocks, two of them are Sako. Never had any issues and never bedded the Sako stocks. They shoot very well anyhow. Never noticed any burnt wood in the laminate either.

thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bah! » 14 Apr 2021, 9:34 pm

Larry wrote:I found it to be charred from personal experience. I was making modifications to a boyeds stock. I had to expand the magwell to take a new bottom metal to take an AICS mag. I was using a few different tools like a dremel and then chisels it was very obvious that the wood was burnt that layer fell apart very easily. I stand by my remarks and observations first hand experience.

Ok, as they say on the internet COOL STORY BRO!
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 15 Apr 2021, 4:37 am

bah! wrote:
Larry wrote:I found it to be charred from personal experience. I was making modifications to a boyeds stock. I had to expand the magwell to take a new bottom metal to take an AICS mag. I was using a few different tools like a dremel and then chisels it was very obvious that the wood was burnt that layer fell apart very easily. I stand by my remarks and observations first hand experience.

Ok, as they say on the internet COOL STORY BRO!

Ya left out “Fully Sick !” :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles