TSP X chassis...accepting Accurate Mag AICS mags?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

TSP X chassis...accepting Accurate Mag AICS mags?

Post by simmo » 16 Jun 2021, 3:14 pm

G’day

Seeking advice from owners of the TSPX rifle chassis. I’m thinking about grabbing one of these and keen to know if they will accept Accurate Mag AICS pattern magazines. I have a bunch already and I’m keen to know if they will be compatible. Advice from the Southerncross Arms was inconclusive/non-commital.

Any other advice on these chassis is welcome.

Cheers
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: TSP X chassis...accepting Accurate Mag AICS mags?

Post by scoot » 17 Jun 2021, 6:43 pm

AICS pattern aren't always built to the same exacting specs. The tspx chassis I've looked at did "fit" several different brands I tried in the shop. Some were more snug than others. I didn't check the feeding because I wasn't committed and the clerk didn't want to open snap caps for me to try. I suspect the feeding would be the only problem you may encounter. Accurate mags tend to be good though and you can tweak the feed lips.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by simmo » 25 Jun 2021, 3:48 pm

Thanks mate.

Very grateful for your insight from experience.

My accurate mags are great at the moment in my KRG Bravo. I want to give the TSPx a go but I do not have time to stuff about with the chassis not accepting Magazines. I’m using it for Competition so not keen on introducing unnecessary hassle.

Thanks again
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by lcpltac » 27 Jun 2021, 4:42 pm

I’ve got a TSP X chassis coming next week, and 4 different types of AICS pattern mags. When it arrives I’ll try them and shout with my findings.
lcpltac
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by lcpltac » 07 Jul 2021, 6:45 pm

Chassis arrived. Tried: Accurate, AI, Magpul, MDT and Ruger mags of the AICS pattern. All fitted, some a little looser (MDT) but all fitted and cycled.
Cheers
lcpltac
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by simmo » 18 Jul 2021, 3:27 pm

Legend. Thanks for report. That‘ll mean they probably will get an order out of me.
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles