Recoil Pads - Falcon Strike vrs Limbsaver

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Recoil Pads - Falcon Strike vrs Limbsaver

Post by Veetwin » 03 Jul 2021, 10:23 am

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone used the Falcon Strike system or a Limbsaver slip on pad. I have a 308 Lithgow LA102.

Is the Limbsaver effective as a slip on over the standard factory pad?

Any comments appreciated

Regards to all
Steve
Veetwin
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Recoil Pads - Falcon Strike vrs Limbsaver

Post by linkoln » 03 Jul 2021, 6:11 pm

I have a limb saver on my 12 ga. I've tried the push pull method but I was still struggling to fire more than a few rounds without my shoulder being really uncomfortable it helps a lot with the recoil.
Only down side I can see with the slip on is that under recoil the pad tends to pull to one side very slightly rather than go straight back, with a shot gun it doesn't make that much difference but if you are trying to fire a single round accurately then I would favour the one that replaced the factory pad over the slip on.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by in2anity » 03 Jul 2021, 9:15 pm

Yes they work. Yes they increase the lop. With the 308, you could also consider going to a lighter projectile, like a 150gr.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by JohnV » 04 Jul 2021, 9:59 am

Take off the original pad and fit a Pachmayr decelerator pad . I have one on my 308 and it seems to work good .
Other than that down load the ammo a bit . Not keen on those slip on pads they upset the stock fit and you may need to change scope eye relief . 130 t0 144 grain bullets is all you need in a 308 for average game pigs and goats , smaller deer .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Centerfire rifles