Savage Impulse Predator

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Savage Impulse Predator

Post by wrenchman » 13 Nov 2021, 3:13 am

Our shipping ports are in really ruff shape right now California is having a really hard time because of mandates that make no sense.
I do believe it is what is driving delays for you guys getting them I am running into problems getting parts to repair trucks some very basic parts are on national back order.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Shootermick » 24 Jan 2022, 9:56 pm

Any of you blokes got your hands on one of these yet?
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 24 Jan 2022, 10:29 pm

MontyShooter wrote:I've always thought of Savage as cheap junk. But this model has me a little interested. I'll wait until a few more reviews come in. A braked 338 lap model would be worth a look if they made one.

Now here is a man who knows little about firearms outside his immediate experiance, "cheap junk"? Ever heard of the Thompson Sub Machine Gun? Browning M2 50cal HMG? How about the 1000's of Savage No4 rifles made in WW2? Model 99E lever action 308 or any one of dozens of other reliable and durable rifles since 1891 when they invented the box magazine lever action through to the 1st reliable semi-auto 17HMR not to mention the BA110 which I had use of for a year and shot very well with it. Not only are they competent rifles but they have a very Australian connection as Arthur Savage owned and ran the biggest cattle station in Australia for several years after homesteading in NSW in a covered wagon, they could almost have been an Aussie Co.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 24 Jan 2022, 11:42 pm

Shootermick wrote:Any of you blokes got your hands on one of these yet?

Still not in country.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by wrenchman » 25 Jan 2022, 3:35 am

i have not seen one here in the states but the gun shows had just started back up then got shut back down from covid
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Shootermick » 25 Jan 2022, 6:32 am

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:

Still not in country.

Geez, that’s no good.
What about the new Beretta straight pull rifle? Are they here yet? Anyone seen one of those?
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Marlin44 » 27 Jan 2022, 5:45 pm

Still not in country.

Fondled one of these Monday last week at store in Lismore - surprised they had one on the shelf still. Only 10 came into Aus in first shipment. Heavy for a hunting rifle. Other than the weight, it felt great off the shoulder. The bolt operation would be magic amongst a mob of hogs.
Marlin44
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by MontyShooter » 27 Jan 2022, 6:03 pm

Shootermick wrote:

Still not in country.

Geez, that’s no good.
What about the new Beretta straight pull rifle? Are they here yet? Anyone seen one of those?

Played with the Beretta in store the other day. Very nice. The polymer stock is the best I've handled. The action is slick. I'd defo consider it if I was in the 2.5k market for a hunter. It felt a bit heavy though.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by boingk » 28 Jan 2022, 9:25 am

"Savage Impulse Predator"

Sounds like something they said at my bail hearing.

[/joke]
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles