Flintlock rifle

Black powder rifles and pistols, reloading black powder, and other information. The smoky stuff.

Re: Flintlock rifle

Post by Bill » 04 Oct 2021, 9:16 pm

CRF wrote:G'day all,

I'm in the market for a flintlock rifle, been struggling to find anything. Looking for a .50 cal and up hunting style flinter.

If anyone knows of one that may be available please let me know.

Thanks

you been watching the lastest MeatEater series CRF :thumbsup:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by CRF » 04 Oct 2021, 9:54 pm

Bill wrote:
CRF wrote:G'day all,

I'm in the market for a flintlock rifle, been struggling to find anything. Looking for a .50 cal and up hunting style flinter.

If anyone knows of one that may be available please let me know.

Thanks

you been watching the lastest MeatEater series CRF :thumbsup:

No, as a matter of fact I can't stand Steve Rinella. I did see he hunted sika with a muzzleloader but that was an inline, fair bit different to a flintlock.
CRF
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 05 Oct 2021, 7:44 pm

Fair enough mate, he goes late season Flintlock deer hunting in the snow with very predictable result LOL Set trigger being his down fall :thumbsup:

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Oct 2021, 8:55 pm

Bill wrote:Fair enough mate, he goes late season Flintlock deer hunting in the snow with very predictable result LOL Set trigger being his down fall :thumbsup:

Too noisy ?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bill » 05 Oct 2021, 9:41 pm

Nah the Set triggers on flintlocks was crazy super light :lol:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by CRF » 05 Oct 2021, 10:15 pm

Bill wrote:Nah the Set triggers on flintlocks was crazy super light :lol:

Who would have thought set triggers were light! Haha
I have them on my two caplocks, I find the trick is not to touch the trigger until you want to shoot!

I apologise my last post came across rude, I used to watch Steve rinellas stuff but I made the mistake of listening to his podcasts. I got Jack of how full of himself he is and how he constantly cuts people off. Not to mention watching his show he's lucky he has guys that are decent hunters around him because he makes a lot of stupid mistakes. He was interesting to follow before meateater blew up, but you could see it gradually going to his head and those sort of blokes I find insufferable.

Try cap and ball on YouTube, he's a decent fella and his few hunting videos are good to watch.
CRF
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 06 Oct 2021, 12:07 am

CRF wrote:

I have them on my two caplocks, I find the trick is not to touch the trigger until you want to shoot!

I apologise my last post came across rude, I used to watch Steve rinellas stuff but I made the mistake of listening to his podcasts. I got Jack of how full of himself he is and how he constantly cuts people off. Not to mention watching his show he's lucky he has guys that are decent hunters around him because he makes a lot of stupid mistakes. He was interesting to follow before meateater blew up, but you could see it gradually going to his head and those sort of blokes I find insufferable.

Try cap and ball on YouTube, he's a decent fella and his few hunting videos are good to watch.

I actually removed the set trigger from my hawken as it was dangerous.
I confess to have only seen a couple of interviews with Steve Rinella and was neither here nor there on him. Definitely wasn't impressed enough to run out and watch his show.
I'll second the guy from cap and ball. I really do enjoy his stuff and he's a bloody great shot too.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by CRF » 06 Oct 2021, 12:32 am

bigpete wrote:
CRF wrote:

I confess to have only seen a couple of interviews with Steve Rinella and was neither here nor there on him. Definitely wasn't impressed enough to run out and watch his show.
I'll second the guy from cap and ball. I really do enjoy his stuff and he's a bloody great shot too.

Yet to sleep tonight, joys of toddlers. No wonder I'm bloody cranky half the time.

Cap and ball bloke is a cracking shot and I do love his couple hundred year old jager he hunts with too! I'd go a pedersoli jager if I didn't have to sell one of my boys to afford it. Then again I might get some peace and quiet then!
CRF
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 06 Oct 2021, 6:47 am

CRF I dont do podcasts but I'll check out this Cap n Ball fella :thumbsup:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 06 Oct 2021, 7:59 am

CRF wrote:
bigpete wrote:
CRF wrote:

Yet to sleep tonight, joys of toddlers. No wonder I'm bloody cranky half the time.

Cap and ball bloke is a cracking shot and I do love his couple hundred year old jager he hunts with too! I'd go a pedersoli jager if I didn't have to sell one of my boys to afford it. Then again I might get some peace and quiet then!

The joys of parenthood huh
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 06 Oct 2021, 12:26 pm

The set trigger on my euroarms is lovely, I must have got lucky.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Previous

Return to Black powder shooting