Aus made Warwick vs Oceania

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Aus made Warwick vs Oceania

Post by str8shutr » 15 Jan 2022, 8:42 am

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
Gun-nut wrote:How's the reliability between the two? I know Ozziereviews had issues with his oceania that he reviewed that caused quite a storm.

Perfect. I have had no dramas.

That review from Ozzie is very misleading and he should make a correction but he is to arrogant. That particular rifle in question was fairly used and not well maintained.

There are follow up comments in a Q&A.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0QsPWHsI_I&t=30s

Responses are given with regard to the new/used state of the firearm (claim made was that it was bought new) and maintenance (claim made that it was well cared for).

Apparently some mechanical work by a gunsmith saw the feed issues resolved.

Arrogant? Not in my view. Came across to me as reasonable albeit a bit blunt at times but I can understand why.

Good to see that there are local options in the market rather than just a single source. Market competition and forums that provide user feedback to the original equipment manufacturers should ultimately make for a good end result to the prospective purchaser by keeping the OEMs on their toes.. :thumbsup:
str8shutr
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Soopyyy » 16 Jan 2022, 1:19 pm

Does the Oceania have the "pump" action or am I misinterpreting that?
Soopyyy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by InisBineest » 25 Jan 2022, 1:30 pm

Soopyyy wrote:Does the Oceania have the "pump" action or am I misinterpreting that?

They have just announced a pump action model (the RAVEN) in 223, 300blk and 350 legend, but their former models are straight pull rifles.
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bullzeye » 06 Sep 2022, 11:13 am

Can anyone shed some info on why the Warwick or Oceania are not legal in NSW? But are in other states?

I was interested in the Oceania SP15-TAC and thought a simple PTA of B2 - Centrefire rifle, not self loading would do the job?
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by S O K A R » 06 Sep 2022, 1:12 pm

bullzeye wrote:Can anyone shed some info on why the Warwick or Oceania are not legal in NSW? But are in other states?

I assume it is the same as here in tas, they look too much like an AR platform apparently and fall under the ridiculous appearance laws.
Look too scarey apparently...
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Border_Bloke » 06 Sep 2022, 1:14 pm

Not just that, I suspect the collapsing stock would also make them illegal here in NSW.
Border_Bloke
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Barbarian » 08 Sep 2022, 1:27 am

bullzeye wrote:Can anyone shed some info on why the Warwick or Oceania are not legal in NSW? But are in other states?

I was interested in the Oceania SP15-TAC and thought a simple PTA of B2 - Centrefire rifle, not self loading would do the job?

Largely the appearance Laws - I believe even the SP15-LR is prohibited in NSW - Likely because it features enough bits to trigger their interpretation of the appearance laws and classify them as Cat D, even though its just fine over here behind the iron curtain in West Aus

I've got a SP15-LR on order myself to build out into a fun plinking setup since I already reload .223 for my Tikka 24'' Trainer.

Had a chance to get hands on with one of the first that came into WA and its a very well made piece of kit. If you don't like the MDT skeleton stock, MDT make a carbine tube adapter and ar15 stocks are easy enough to get through on Brownells if you make sure they fall short of the maximum adjustment on the Border Force website.

End of the day, people are free to shoot what they want. 10 and even higher capacity mags should be more accessible but its only the Stazi officers in Border Force that dictate what can make it into the country. If someone started making 20 and 30 round mags for sale locally they'd probably do alright. Not all jurisdictions limit what we can use in Cat A/B, 20 rounders especially on a Straight pull like the SP15 or the Warwick are about perfect in size.
Barbarian
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by S O K A R » 08 Sep 2022, 3:40 am

Barbarian wrote:I've got a SP15-LR on order myself to build out into a fun plinking setup since I already reload .223 for my Tikka 24'' Trainer.

Had a chance to get hands on with one of the first that came into WA and its a very well made piece of kit. If you don't like the MDT skeleton stock, MDT make a carbine tube adapter and ar15 stocks are easy enough to get through on Brownells if you make sure they fall short of the maximum adjustment on the Border Force website.

End of the day, people are free to shoot what they want. 10 and even higher capacity mags should be more accessible but its only the Stazi officers in Border Force that dictate what can make it into the country. If someone started making 20 and 30 round mags for sale locally they'd probably do alright. Not all jurisdictions limit what we can use in Cat A/B, 20 rounders especially on a Straight pull like the SP15 or the Warwick are about perfect in size.

Let me know what you think of the LR when you get it
Considered trying to get one, although I'm not sure it would get approved here
But then again if it's approved for sale in WA maybe there is hope
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles