schultz and larsen rifles

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

schultz and larsen rifles

Post by bigrich » 08 Jan 2022, 6:21 am

okay , so who has one , or who can tell me about any experiences with these fine danish rifles ? i've already looked at google , just want to hear first hand experiences . cheers
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Re: schultz and larsen rifles

Post by 9.3x64 » 08 Jan 2022, 1:07 pm

I have never owned one, but I have handled and shot one years ago. It was in 6.5x55, accuracy, handling, and build quality was first class. Bolt was very smooth.
It’s a shame they are so hard to get.
9.3x64
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Pithead » 08 Jan 2022, 2:14 pm

I bought a Victory about 2 years ago from the OZ distributor. It's in 7mm08 with spare 243 barrel. The bluing is very good and deep. The accuracy is excellent. 1 inch groups at 200m with 2-7x 32 scope and factory ammo. The smoothness of the bolt is unreal and a joy to use. The fit and finish is very good although the checkering is nice and crisp is does flatten out at the margins of the pattern. This appears to be a function of how it is cut (via CNC).

The stock finish was fine although I expected it to be shinier as all the photos, both from S and L and from owners photos, indicated it would be so. The feedback I have seen indicates this is not uncommon. I bought a grade 3 which has very pronounced fiddleback and is a nice rich brown.

The two stage trigger on the Victory is excellent and easy to adjust. The safety is fine however it can take some finessing to have it lock into the half safe position (trigger locked bolt moveable).

I'm very happy with my purchase.

Barrels can be hard to acquire simply due to production and shipping issues in these weird times. The barrel change is very easy and I love being able to clean it thoroughly. I have not checked it rigorously for zero change between changes however.

The overall feel and balance of the rifle is fantastic and does ooze quality.

I hope this helps.
Pithead
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by CRF » 08 Jan 2022, 3:15 pm

Meant to be beautiful rifles, all steel and wood no plastic.

I actually ordered one about 10 years ago and after 9 months started to complain at which point the LGS said after speaking to them they no longer were importing.

They started again few years later, I almost got one a second time but they come with threaded barrels and no option for open sights so didn't bother.
CRF
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 10 Jan 2022, 4:38 am

Thanks for the comments and opinions fellas. The modern S&L rifles are a excellent bit of gear, I looked them over at the Brisbane shot show a few years ago. I’m currently looking at a M65 DL in 243 . Build quality is fantastic. Extremely light profile barrel, and these early versions have to be loaded from underneath through the floor plate. Not all that fussed on having a second 243, but the rifle is worth owning.
Decisions, decisions
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles