Henry X Model 30-30 Availability NSW?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Henry X Model 30-30 Availability NSW?

Post by Sirboloski » 19 Apr 2022, 6:58 pm

Hi there everyone!

I’ve just joined up here and I am in the process of organising my safe shooting course and applying for my licence, something I’ve wanted to do for years and years.

I’ve done a lot of shopping around and I have decided on one of the rifles I’m looking for, but I can’t seem to see any availability anywhere. Does anybody know what the availability of Henry X Model 30-30 is like in NSW?

Forgive me, I don’t know if what I’m asking is a dumb question or not.
Sirboloski
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Henry X Model 30-30 Availability NSW?

Post by Shootermick » 19 Apr 2022, 9:01 pm

I don’t think you’ll find one in the country anytime soon, probably not even this year. Every month or two I send OSA an email and every time the reply is that they still have no ETA. I emailed Cleavers last week, as they grey import quite a few firearms, but they still had no idea when they might see any.
I’d like the same gun, but I’m not holding my breath. I don’t think Henry can keep up with the demand in the States, so exports from them aren’t happening.
Let me know if you find a stash somewhere, but I doubt you will, I’ve tried everywhere.
You could find a dealer who does special imports and maybe go down that path, I thought about it, but put it in the too hard basket.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Sirboloski » 19 Apr 2022, 9:50 pm

Shootermick wrote:I don’t think you’ll find one in the country anytime soon, probably not even this year. Every month or two I send OSA an email and every time the reply is that they still have no ETA. I emailed Cleavers last week, as they grey import quite a few firearms, but they still had no idea when they might see any.
I’d like the same gun, but I’m not holding my breath. I don’t think Henry can keep up with the demand in the States, so exports from them aren’t happening.
Let me know if you find a stash somewhere, but I doubt you will, I’ve tried everywhere.
You could find a dealer who does special imports and maybe go down that path, I thought about it, but put it in the too hard basket.

Damn. I feared as much. I’ll have to keep the ear to the ground on that one. Thanks very much for your reply.
Sirboloski
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 20 Apr 2022, 5:26 am

This demand / supply thing with so many products is certainly frustrating Couple of years ago we could get anything we wanted. ... it seems the word has just gone nuts
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 20 Apr 2022, 10:04 pm

If you are having trouble finding a Henry then maybe try a marlin 30-30. I have one and chose it over the Henry I can highly recommend it.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Sirboloski » 21 Apr 2022, 9:57 am

Blr243 wrote:This demand / supply thing with so many products is certainly frustrating Couple of years ago we could get anything we wanted. ... it seems the word has just gone nuts

It certainly is. It seems I chose one hell of a time to enter the sport :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sirboloski
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Sirboloski » 21 Apr 2022, 9:59 am

linkoln wrote:If you are having trouble finding a Henry then maybe try a marlin 30-30. I have one and chose it over the Henry I can highly recommend it.

That certainly was another option I looked at. You say it goes pretty well? Do you have a scope on yours?
Sirboloski
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by linkoln » 21 Apr 2022, 12:08 pm

Sirboloski wrote:
linkoln wrote:If you are having trouble finding a Henry then maybe try a marlin 30-30. I have one and chose it over the Henry I can highly recommend it.

That certainly was another option I looked at. You say it goes pretty well? Do you have a scope on yours?

30-30 is no joke if you put a sight on it buy a good one because first time I shot it I had a red dot and that broke from the recoil then I had a cheap LPVO and broke that the second time I shot it
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Sirboloski » 22 Apr 2022, 12:14 pm

linkoln wrote:
Sirboloski wrote:

30-30 is no joke if you put a sight on it buy a good one because first time I shot it I had a red dot and that broke from the recoil then I had a cheap LPVO and broke that the second time I shot it

Thanks for the heads up mate, are Leupold decent enough? Everyone seems to rate most of their stuff.
Sirboloski
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by linkoln » 24 Apr 2022, 9:31 pm

Sirboloski wrote:
linkoln wrote:
Sirboloski wrote:

Thanks for the heads up mate, are Leupold decent enough? Everyone seems to rate most of their stuff.

I had a $30 optic on mine I bought off ebay. It went fine on a 223 and was really accurate but I upgraded that rifle and put the ebay one on my 30-30 and it lasted a few shots.
I never bothered to update and went back to the iron sights but if you pay a couple hundred dollars you should avoid the issues I had.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by gixxerdims » 08 May 2022, 10:18 am

How long have the Henry's been on backorder for?
Cleavers website says "due in next few months" so I placed an order back in December'21. They said at the time should be here Feb, but def in Q1. It's now May and still "no updates from importer" can't even provide any ETA at all.

Did these ever arrive in country? Reason I ask is that I've seen forum posts from 2020 that have been talking about these guns on backorder, so looks like they're 1.5 years on back order :/
gixxerdims
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles