Fiocchi CF ammunition

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Fiocchi CF ammunition

Post by NTSOG » 23 Apr 2022, 6:50 am

G'day,

I went to a local gun-shop a few days ago and tried to buy some Federal CF ammunition [.222 Rem., 50 gr.] and was told, more or less, that it will be available when Hell freezes over such is the current state of ammunition supplies. It was suggested I try some Fiocchi instead. It's a bit cheaper, but I know nothing about it. Is it any good?

Jim
Last edited by NTSOG on 23 Apr 2022, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Fiocchi CF ammunition

Post by cz515 » 23 Apr 2022, 8:04 am

Fiocchi is European.. probably Italian. The CF stuff is not bad, the 223 is cheap and quite accurate.

I found their rimfire to be the most accurate in my Annie. In short try it and your rifle should like it
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by NTSOG » 23 Apr 2022, 8:36 am

Thank you cz515. I'll give it a go.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Humperdinkel » 23 Apr 2022, 2:07 pm

I use Fiocchi in both my Savage 222 & Howa 308 & both shoot plenty accurate for hunting.. Mate has a Parker Hale 308 & it hates them so, best just give them a go.

Never had any success with it through my rimfires though.
Winchester Xpert - .22
Savage A22R Pro Varmint - .22
Savage 340 - .222
Howa 1500 VT Fluted - .308
Humperdinkel
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 23 Apr 2022, 5:18 pm

I got a hold of some match grade special gold pack.

Except I got the last case and they don't import it anymore
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles