Appearance Laws ,,, ?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Appearance Laws ,,, ?

Post by Die Judicii » 10 May 2022, 8:57 pm

I see a recent post that mentions not getting a PTA approved due to "appearance laws"
I've heard about these for quite some time but never gave much thought to such.
:unknown: Really ??? WTF,,,,,,,,, Are the powers to be, that p!ss weak,, that because a firearm doesn't "look" right,, they decide to can it ?
F#cking pathetic is all that comes to my mind.

Praps I should send em a selfie pic,,,,, Then they'd really want to ban me as well,,,,,, cos I don't necessarily look "right" either.
How do these pr!cks get their jobs, and get to be so autonomous ?

What is the basis of these so called laws ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Appearance Laws ,,, ?

Post by on_one_wheel » 10 May 2022, 9:10 pm

There is absolutely no basis to the law, rule, restriction or whatever it is.

I don't believe we have appearance laws in SA, perhaps the water supply to the government buildings hasn't been tampered with here :unknown:

It's like banning L plate drivers from driving vehicles fitted with rear spoilers because they look too fast.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by S O K A R » 11 May 2022, 3:54 am

This is the way its worded here in tas, not sure about other states.
But yeah it is a bit silly considering you can't walk around with a firearm in a public place, so i mean, who is going to see it?
Makes no sense....
Attachments
firearms.JPG
firearms.JPG (64.33 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by womble » 11 May 2022, 4:08 am

We should totally ban L platers from having spoilers. Or at least stipulate the maximum allowed aerodynamic drag coefficient permitted in school zones.
And we should base it on appearance laws.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 11 May 2022, 4:28 am

S O K A R wrote:This is the way its worded here in tas, not sure about other states.
But yeah it is a bit silly considering you can't walk around with a firearm in a public place, so i mean, who is going to see it?
Makes no sense....

Australian service machine guns

Australian service sub machine gun
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 11 May 2022, 4:36 am

Not a full list of images yet, needs to include previous generations. But should to be able to comply a full list for mutant Tasmanian LRD to reference.
Reasonable to assume the laws is Australian specific i think.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MtnMan » 11 May 2022, 6:46 am

I once had anti yell out at the range......"OMG, that looks like a firearm capable of propelling projectiles in rapid succession during one pressure of the trigger!"
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 May 2022, 9:25 am

womble wrote:We should totally ban L platers from having spoilers. Or at least stipulate the maximum allowed aerodynamic drag coefficient permitted in school zones.
And we should base it on appearance laws.

BANNED
Screenshot_20220511-085306_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220511-085306_Chrome.jpg (124.48 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by S O K A R » 11 May 2022, 10:28 am

womble wrote:Not a full list of images yet, needs to include previous generations. But should to be able to comply a full list for mutant Tasmanian LRD to reference.
Reasonable to assume the laws is Australian specific i think.

I would of thought so, but with them banning the likes of the Warwick firearms wfa1 and Oceania Precision sp15/25 it looks like they're basing their decision off the m16
It's ridiculous
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Fionn » 11 May 2022, 5:54 pm

Die Judicii wrote:What is the basis of these so called laws ?

Generally the basis is the national firearms agreement 1996.

These are not so called laws, they are laws enacted by various State Governments (and the Federal) because they choose to do so.

If you don't like it, vote for someone that will change the laws. simples :thumbsup:

But in Victoria its not the only appearance laws, another is its a crime to have a blackened face without lawful intent.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 12 May 2022, 11:56 pm

Next thing you know they'll make it unlawful to possess a picture/poster of one.
The wait awhile state is nearly there now I think.

C U Next Tuesday politicians. :thumbsdown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 13 May 2022, 2:39 am

Of course let's face its a hideous simble but how dare they tell you you cannot put it up or tell a bikey you can't wear your colours I can't stand either of those assholes but I think they have a right to wear them this is no longer a free country freedom in this country died 20 years ago
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 May 2022, 1:55 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Next thing you know they'll make it unlawful to possess a picture/poster of one.

We're probably only one successful conviction away from that.
WA police tried and failed to convict a bloke for having detailed blueprints of a machine gun.https://7news.com.au/news/wa/charges-dr ... -c-3863666

I know digital blueprints of firearms are illegal in NSW to prevent 3d printing of firearms... that'll stop em :thumbsup:
Another law, apon a law, apon a law, apon a law,
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by No1Mk3 » 13 May 2022, 4:48 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:Next thing you know they'll make it unlawful to possess a picture/poster of one.

We're probably only one successful conviction away from that.
WA police tried and failed to convict a bloke for having detailed blueprints of a machine gun.https://7news.com.au/news/wa/charges-dr ... -c-3863666

I know digital blueprints of firearms are illegal in NSW to prevent 3d printing of firearms... that'll stop em :thumbsup:
Another law, apon a law, apon a law, apon a law,

They weren't "detailed blueprints" at all, it was ian Skennertons "Small Arms Identification Series" booklet which had an exploded parts list in it, that's all! The bastards just tried it on.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles