Marlin BL Lever

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Marlin BL Lever

Post by Die Judicii » 25 May 2022, 6:46 pm

Does anyone know if "yesteryear" Marlin put out lever rifles in 30/30 with a "big loop" lever as standard ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Marlin BL Lever

Post by Blr243 » 25 May 2022, 7:04 pm

Nope . No idea ... but the big loop seems to be in fashion atm My new Rossi 357 loop is so big if it were made of rope I could use it to Catch a 40 inch billy goat
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 25 May 2022, 7:18 pm

Blr243 wrote:Nope . No idea ... but the big loop seems to be in fashion atm My new Rossi 357 loop is so big if it were made of rope I could use it to Catch a 40 inch billy goat

Yeah, most of the bigger calibers in Marlin Levers have the big loop,,,,,,, but I've only seen "one" with a big loop on a 30/30 and that was a secondhand one advertised on Used Guns.
Makes me wonder if the original owner ordered it specially or bought the big loop as a part and then fitted it.

I had an XLR336 (till I sold it) and that was one thing I wished it had.
I'm not a fan of just the tips of the fingers fitting in the loop.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 25 May 2022, 8:18 pm

The finger tips in the loop u mention makes me think. I had not thought of it before it but I realise now u can apply so much more forward force with much more handin there
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Shootermick » 25 May 2022, 8:37 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Does anyone know if "yesteryear" Marlin put out lever rifles in 30/30 with a "big loop" lever as standard ?

Depends on what you mean by yesteryear? If you mean JM, I wouldn’t know. But I’ve got a Remlin in 30/30 with a laminated stock and standard big loop. Actually quite a decent rifle, not one of the Remlin horror stories.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles