Tikka T3X Roughtech Ember

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Tikka T3X Roughtech Ember

Post by JesseW97 » 07 Jul 2022, 7:49 pm

Hey there I have recently put in an order at Cleavers for the T3X Roughtech Ember in 308win. Just wondering if anyone else has this rifle and what there thoughts are about it? Also looking for advice on ammo for it not so much brands but bullet weight in reference with the twist rate which I believe will be the standard Tikka 1:11 twist. Purpose of ammo will be for recreational shooting and hunting and a little bit of targets at the range.

I have some Federal 130gr Hollow Points, Australian Outback 145gr FMJ and some PPU 168gr Hollow Point Boat Tails to try out when the rifle gets here and I get a chance to do some shooting.

Going to be running the rifle with a Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44 scope.

Cheers, hope to hear some feedback and thoughts from you guys on the rifle and good rounds to use.
Gamo Black Night - .177
Tikka T3x Lite Stainless - .22-250
Tikka T3x Roughtech Ember - .308
CZ Shadow 2 SA - 9mm
JesseW97
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Tikka T3X Roughtech Ember

Post by Clint Ellison » 10 Jul 2022, 4:06 pm

Should be a real nice rifle mate. Most tikkas I've owned or seen shoot really well. The ammo you have will work well you could also try federal powershok 150 grain for a good well priced ammo that shoots reasonably well out of most rifles. Hope you enjoy your new rifle my mate has a roughteck in .270 and loves it
Clint Ellison
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Clint Ellison » 10 Jul 2022, 4:20 pm

I've shot my mates roughteck in .270 and really liked it. Like most tikkas if owned or shot it shoots really well. The ammo you have should do well. I've found federal powershock 150 grain shoots well out of most rifles for a good price
Clint Ellison
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by solarpak » 10 Jul 2022, 7:41 pm

JesseW97 wrote:Hey there I have recently put in an order at Cleavers for the T3X Roughtech Ember in 308win. Just wondering if anyone else has this rifle and what there thoughts are about it? Also looking for advice on ammo for it not so much brands but bullet weight in reference with the twist rate which I believe will be the standard Tikka 1:11 twist. Purpose of ammo will be for recreational shooting and hunting and a little bit of targets at the range.

I have some Federal 130gr Hollow Points, Australian Outback 145gr FMJ and some PPU 168gr Hollow Point Boat Tails to try out when the rifle gets here and I get a chance to do some shooting.

Going to be running the rifle with a Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44 scope.

Cheers, hope to hear some feedback and thoughts from you guys on the rifle and good rounds to use.

Hi Jesse,
the Tikka T3x platform certainly has a lot to offer and its a matter of finding a model which suits you. The Roughtech Ember is a nice outfit.
In 308 the Federal 130 hr Speer HP's are ridiculously accurate (in any 308 i have shot then through) and will suffice for all hunting in Oz . If you need a tougher hunting bullet i have used the Sako factory load with the Barnes TTSX projectile and this will put down the biggest deer with a well placed shot - no worries.
For range work, and good match ammo will suffice .
The scope you specified should serve you well.

Enjoy it.
C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by JesseW97 » 16 Jul 2022, 11:59 am

Cheers for the replies fellas I appreciate it unfortunately still waiting for the rifle to come in stock. I think that is the hardest thing as a firearms owner is the waiting for the gun to be in stock for pickup haha
Gamo Black Night - .177
Tikka T3x Lite Stainless - .22-250
Tikka T3x Roughtech Ember - .308
CZ Shadow 2 SA - 9mm
JesseW97
Private
Private

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles