CZ600 rifles - RECALL

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

CZ600 rifles - RECALL

Post by solarpak » 10 Jul 2022, 7:31 pm

A disaster for CZ..........

all the new CZ600 rifles are being recalled - and basically the remedy will be to make the rifle barrel permanent - ie no interchangeability (only possible by a gunsmith).

When CZ discontinued the 527, 557 etc,,,,, for the new 600 series - i was somewhat perplexed as to why they would scrap a proven rifle (classical timeless design) for a switch barrel design......

Turned out to bite them in the bum...........and be very disappointing as i am a fan of CZ rifles.

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Re: CZ600 rifles - RECALL

Post by CRF » 10 Jul 2022, 8:25 pm

I bought a new 9.3 on clearance when they canned the 550 for dirt cheap. Bloody cracker of a rifle. No interest once they went to a push feed, sounds like it's continuing to go backwards. The pinnacle was ZG47 in my opinion. Would love one someday, not that I get out with those weird guns that don't belch smoke or have somewhere to stick a ramrod!
CRF
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 10 Jul 2022, 8:34 pm

Ah well. Serves themselves right.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by solarpak » 10 Jul 2022, 9:25 pm

It is a big disappointment . The CZ452 (rimfire) was as good as a rimfire you could wish for with the barrel threaded into the receiver - then they decided to go with an interchangeable barrel on the next models.
Same deal with the centerfires - the 550/555/557 were sweet rifles and for what they were selling for years ago - were a steal!! I don't know if CZ Europe pandered to the USA tastes and influences when developing the 600 series ...........CZ has always been known for well built and good looking rifles !
I really hope that they can make the necessary safety changes and still sell the CZ600 as intended with the switch-barrel capability. CZ had to completely re-tool for the new models and offering a switch barrel rifle - when it cant be deemed to be one- is very concerning to say the least.
C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by mickb » 10 Jul 2022, 11:17 pm

I still remember after brno stopped and CZ came out later with the CZ550 in 416 rigby. $1100 for the rifle and that magnum sized action in a chambering few factories had done for decades. The whole big game world was like yessss.I owned 4 cz550's , 2 in 416 over the next 12 years. Never knew why they stopped making it, nor the CZ452. This latest news is not too surprising.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Boundry Rider » 10 Jul 2022, 11:58 pm

CZ has lost the plot
Escaped WALcatraz
Boundry Rider
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by solarpak » 11 Jul 2022, 9:44 pm

Apparently the CZ600's on offer in Australia will have the barrels permanently affixed to the receiver - having said that i have heard that the availability of interchangeable barrels ever since the CZ600's came out years ago were scarce .
So a rifle that was the successor to the highly acclaimed CZ550/555/557 - with a feature that was its major selling point in the interchangeable barrel system.... now a failure.

Will be interesting to see how CZ come out of this one ????
C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Billo » 11 Jul 2022, 9:48 pm

I cant see how they could charge anything more than what Howa does, seriously who will pay more than $1K for a CNC machine CZ ??
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by noneyabussiness » 12 Jul 2022, 2:38 pm

I have a cz515, absolutely awesome firearm... lever release 22... apparently they stopped making them too ...
noneyabussiness
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Gun-nut » 12 Jul 2022, 5:28 pm

Half of the appeal for me was that CZ rifles were good looking, classical looking firearms. The new stuff they've released lack the certain charm of their predecessors and I have no interest whatsoever in them.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by jovialjosie2002 » 13 Jul 2022, 6:38 pm

Billo wrote:I cant see how they could charge anything more than what Howa does, seriously who will pay more than $1K for a CNC machine CZ ??

In USA, Howa and cz are about the same price. My Howa is miles better than my cz527 (which has been nothing but trouble). I'd love to swap my cz527 for a Howa in the same calibre. Unfortunately for me, no shop in town wants my (junk) cz527. I only keep the cz because my mates love it...."it's so pretty"...I hate it cause I'm always fixing the thing.
jovialjosie2002
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 13 Jul 2022, 6:48 pm

What a shame. I do agree with the sentiment that CZ have lost their way by making cheaper and cheaper rifles. Unfortunately I was not smart enough to procure a 550 prior to their discontinuation but did end up with a 557, which is super accurate, I’ll give it that, but not inline with what you’d expect from CZ.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by jwai86 » 15 Jul 2022, 2:44 pm

jovialjosie2002 wrote:In USA, Howa and cz are about the same price. My Howa is miles better than my cz527 (which has been nothing but trouble). I'd love to swap my cz527 for a Howa in the same calibre. Unfortunately for me, no shop in town wants my (junk) cz527. I only keep the cz because my mates love it...."it's so pretty"...I hate it cause I'm always fixing the thing.

Strange. I was under the impression that the CZ 527 series was good, if somewhat expensive compared to Howa rifles.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 15 Jul 2022, 5:20 pm

jwai86 wrote:
jovialjosie2002 wrote:In USA, Howa and cz are about the same price. My Howa is miles better than my cz527 (which has been nothing but trouble). I'd love to swap my cz527 for a Howa in the same calibre. Unfortunately for me, no shop in town wants my (junk) cz527. I only keep the cz because my mates love it...."it's so pretty"...I hate it cause I'm always fixing the thing.

Strange. I was under the impression that the CZ 527 series was good, if somewhat expensive compared to Howa rifles.

They are,but every company has its detractors...
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Centerfire rifles