It's half Lee Enfield, half M1 carbine

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

It's half Lee Enfield, half M1 carbine

Post by Gunfightersix » 28 Sep 2022, 9:00 pm

Hoping the wisdom of the group can help me find the Great White Whale. A few years back, I was bidding on a .30 M1 carbine at AAA in Melbourne - it was basically an M1 çarbine chassis with a Lee-Enfield bolt action. Got outbid by a millionaire from WA. Looked like a really fun little rifle - that met Australian laws. Can't find a photo of it online, can't find anything about it anywhere. Don't think it would actually be that hard to make - surely a US gunsmith could put one together? I turn to the wisdom of the group - any ideas? Anyone ever seen what I'm talking about, got a photo, or have an idea of how I could get one made? Worth a few grand for a dream, I reckon.
Gunfightersix
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: It's half Lee Enfield, half M1 carbine

Post by Biscuits » 01 Oct 2022, 1:03 pm

That gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Not sure what the appearance/ex-military laws are in your state. However, you can buy M1 carbines in the UK which are straight pull and have no gas system. They shoot .30 carbine ammo, same as a WW1 M1 Carbine. AFAIK, it is made of original M1 parts. It might be possible for you to get one imported. UK you can only get .22 semi-autos, which is why this straight pull M1 Carbine happened.

Here is one link, but this is not the place I was thinking of, so there may be others
https://www.facebook.com/calibreinnovat ... 13/?type=3
Biscuits
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 01 Oct 2022, 2:16 pm

Not a DeLisle replica? .45ACP using 1911 mags. Sort of M1 look about it.

Gunfightersix wrote:Hoping the wisdom of the group can help me find the Great White Whale. A few years back, I was bidding on a .30 M1 carbine at AAA in Melbourne - it was basically an M1 çarbine chassis with a Lee-Enfield bolt action. Got outbid by a millionaire from WA. Looked like a really fun little rifle - that met Australian laws. Can't find a photo of it online, can't find anything about it anywhere. Don't think it would actually be that hard to make - surely a US gunsmith could put one together? I turn to the wisdom of the group - any ideas? Anyone ever seen what I'm talking about, got a photo, or have an idea of how I could get one made? Worth a few grand for a dream, I reckon.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by northdude » 01 Oct 2022, 8:03 pm

Not a jungle carbine?
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by 8mm Mauser » 04 Oct 2022, 8:58 am

Biscuits wrote:That gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Not sure what the appearance/ex-military laws are in your state. However, you can buy M1 carbines in the UK which are straight pull and have no gas system. They shoot .30 carbine ammo, same as a WW1 M1 Carbine. AFAIK, it is made of original M1 parts. It might be possible for you to get one imported. UK you can only get .22 semi-autos, which is why this straight pull M1 Carbine happened.

Here is one link, but this is not the place I was thinking of, so there may be others
https://www.facebook.com/calibreinnovat ... 13/?type=3

Police won't give an import permit for any of the UK straight pull/lever release versions of cat Ds. Border force consider them Cat D.. Requires Attorney Generals permit.
8mm Mauser
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by northdude » 04 Oct 2022, 10:22 am

May as well just say it needs to be sighned off bt the queen
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand