X-bolt Speed vs T3X Roughtech Ember

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

X-bolt Speed vs T3X Roughtech Ember

Post by RunRabbit » 10 Oct 2022, 10:15 am

Anyone have any experience in comparing these two? Looking at it for a light hunting rifle for NSW state forests or pig shooting on foot.

https://www.thebarn.net.au/Products/BRO ... AMO/111112
https://www.thebarn.net.au/Products/Tik ... ber/108083

I've got a LA102 in 308 but it's a bit heavy for the wife to carry around so looking at the above options in 6.5CM for her.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: X-bolt Speed vs T3X Roughtech Ember

Post by SCJ429 » 10 Oct 2022, 7:05 pm

I have two Tikkas and zero Browning's in my safe.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by jpsauer88 » 11 Oct 2022, 10:19 pm

Browning trigger is very heavy

But tikka has a step up in quality/workmanship

Go the tikka imo.

Having said that, in all honesty, my brothers Howa made me buy one and its my most accurate rifle he owns. I had a sauer that i liked, we have a range of rifles between us and his howa performed better than all of them and less fussy with ammo. Sellimgy howa 6.5 on ssaa but its in the mdt xrs with a varmint barrel so its pretty heavy!

Get a weatherby vanguard. Ull save on coin and have the same if not better accuracy. Get a nice light one, you wont regret it and put the money towards nice euro/japnese glass or quality ammo like barnes.

id go a weatherby over either, like a better finished howa.
Ther beautiful rifles. With rem 700 bases rhat suit its easy to scope up too.
jpsauer88
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by RunRabbit » 12 Oct 2022, 8:55 am

I'll check out the vanguard. I know Howa/Weatherby have a good rep but I had a Howa 308 that just never shot right so I traded it and it's left a bad taste for the brand.

I'll probably end up with the Tikka.
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 12 Oct 2022, 6:14 pm

RunRabbit wrote:I'll check out the vanguard. I know Howa/Weatherby have a good rep but I had a Howa 308 that just never shot right so I traded it and it's left a bad taste for the brand.

I'll probably end up with the Tikka.

Funny you should say that, I have had several friends who bought Howas in 308 and no matter what I loaded for them they never shot better than 1.5 MOA. Barrels were rough, terrible machine work.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles