W. Marden, Gun smith

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

W. Marden, Gun smith

Post by xkkat » 24 Oct 2022, 7:13 am

Hi guys I.m new on this list can anyone supply details about Mr. W.(bill) MARDEN I have just bought a rifle made by him it is 22/250 On a Browning commercial Mauser action Stock work is amazing and the gun looks "Mint" .probably as it looks It is too good to use! I would like to hear from others who own his rifles regards XKKAT
xkkat
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: W. Marden, Gun smith

Post by No1Mk3 » 24 Oct 2022, 4:15 pm

Search the forum, there is a post about the family and their involvement in the shooting industry from inventing Simplex reloading to building custom rifles. I think the post was "W.Marden Gunmaker", Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Billo » 24 Oct 2022, 7:09 pm

xxkat I saw that W.Marden special go up on usedguns and it looked amazing. Having owned a few of his gun they tend to be damn accurate rifles. Feel free to post up some picture of the Browning.

I picked up an earlier version that W.Marden made a decade earlier, still sitting in the safe just not sure if Ill keep it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17065
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by JohnV » 25 Oct 2022, 7:40 pm

Bill Marden senior is dead . There is a junior out there who is also a gunsmith but I never met him . It was Bills father Eric Marden that started Simplex line of reloading gear , that was a bit before my time . Anyone who actually knew Bill Marden senior would know that he was a cranky old B at times and could be very difficult to deal with but a very good gunsmith .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Centerfire rifles