Supplier wait times.

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Supplier wait times.

Post by daphatmac » 31 Oct 2022, 7:10 pm

Hi all,

New shooter here - just wondering if anyone has any insight into current wait times for new rifles from Australian importers?

I ordered a Tikka T3X TAC A1 in .223 from a local store in early August and am still waiting for delivery. When I called up the other day, I was told that it's "at least 5 weeks away" which means a potential wait time of nearly 4 months from date of order, assuming that ETA pans out. I've tried contacting Beretta Australia directly via email to get a more accurate ETA, but I've not heard anything back from there.

It's not a MASSIVE problem, but it is getting a little frustrating and I'd appreciate some context from those in the know. Is this normal for Australian distributors, or have I just chosen a difficult to obtain rifle? I ordered the fixed stock, 24" barrel version, so maybe that's "unusual" and adds more time? I just don't know.

I did also order a T1X MTR in 22LR early in October from the same store and it's already ready to pick up, so I assume that was already in stock since it would have had to come from the same importer.

Thanks in advance for your time - appreciate any advice or knowledge you can share.

Cheers!
Last edited by daphatmac on 02 Nov 2022, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
daphatmac
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Supplier wait times.

Post by bladeracer » 31 Oct 2022, 7:38 pm

daphatmac wrote:Hi all,

New shooter here - just wondering if anyone has any insight into current wait times for new rifles from Australian importers?

I ordered a Tikka T3X TAC A1 in .223 from a local store in early August and am still waiting for delivery. When I called up the other day, I was told that it's "at least 5 weeks away" which means a potential wait time of nearly 4 months from date of order, assuming that ETA pans out. I've tried contacting Beretta Australia directly to get a more accurate ETA, but my email was basically ghosted and I don't expect to hear anything back from there, so not sure where else to turn.

It's not a MASSIVE problem, but it is getting a little frustrating and I'd appreciate some context from those in the know. Is this normal for Australian distributors, or have I just chosen a difficult to obtain rifle? I ordered the fixed stock, 24" barrel version, so maybe that's "unusual" and adds more time? I just don't know.

I did also order a T1X MTR in 22LR early in October from the same store and it's already ready to pick up, so I assume that was already in stock since it would have had to come from the same importer.

Thanks in advance for your time - appreciate any advice or knowledge you can share.

Cheers!

When I was chasing my Ruger American Rimfire Compact the distributor had no stock. Rather than wait months for more to arrive I emailed and called all the bigger gun shops asking if anybody had one on the shelf. I found a place that had two. Cost me a fair bit more than retail, plus the shipping but it was better than waiting months for one. You could try that.
Last edited by bladeracer on 02 Nov 2022, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 31 Oct 2022, 7:53 pm

daphatmac wrote:Hi all,

I ordered a Tikka T3X TAC A1 in .223 from a local store in early August and am still waiting for delivery.

Cheers!

You will be very happy with this rifle I know I am with mine
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by daphatmac » 02 Nov 2022, 10:07 am

Quick update - just called Beretta Australia about this one and it turns out that fixed stock versions are basically hens' teeth, so I switched the order to a folding stock version (Queensland FTW!) and apparently it's 48 hours away now.

I have to say how impressed I am at Beretta Australia and the local store - both places were more than happy to talk to me and update my order etc. Excellent customer service all round and another example of an awesome community.
daphatmac
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles