Tikka feeding jams with Ballistic Tips

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Tikka feeding jams with Ballistic Tips

Post by hiyoh » 11 May 2014, 8:57 am

Chronos,

I don't know if he's actually taken it out of the stock yet. I'll pass it along and see if the info is relevant.

Thanks again.
hiyoh
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 11 May 2014, 10:01 am

grainweight wrote:I suppose they have there share of people with bad loads or who can't shoot come back and blame the rifle...

That's possible but for a tikka it would be a simple process of beretta taking the rifle back, striping it to check a few things, putting it back together and throwing a scope on it and putting a box of Sako ammo through it. If it don't shoot sub 1" replace it. Should be that simple and in Euroe or America it would be but not in Australia with our poor customer service culture

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 11 May 2014, 12:45 pm

Chronos wrote:That's possible but for a tikka it would be a simple process of beretta taking the rifle back, striping it to check a few things, putting it back together and throwing a scope on it and putting a box of Sako ammo through it. If it don't shoot sub 1" replace it. Should be that simple and in Euroe or America it would be but not in Australia with our poor customer service culture

x 2 After living in the U.S it was sad to see how little Ozzy Retailers and Wholesalers care for their paying customers ,this is by no way contained just to the firearm industry!!!! :evil: :cry: :twisted:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Lorgar » 12 May 2014, 11:22 am

Chronos wrote:one thing that crossed my mind is that there may have been some issue with either the action seating in the stock or the magazine retaining spring

it's common for owners to remove the the action from the stock and when replacing it fail to seat the action correctly over the recoil lug, it's my opinion that this is where 90% of recoil lug damage happens. it's possible this could also cause magazine misalignment leading to feeding problems

I can't speak for hiyoh's setup, but I can tell you my action has definitely not been removed from the stock between the feeding glitch and now feeding flawlessly.

My rifles only for hunting to as you know so doesn't get a lot of shooting. Was something like 50-60 shots from 'problem' to 'fixed'.

Dunno... I'm stuck for suggestions as well.

Will keep my eye on it in the future as I strip/rebuild/shoot the rifle and if anything comes of it I guess.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Arth » 12 May 2014, 11:25 am

Westy wrote:x 2 After living in the U.S it was sad to see how little Ozzy Retailers and Wholesalers care for their paying customers ,this is by no way contained just to the firearm industry!!!! :evil: :cry: :twisted:

It's not exclusive to shooting, but it is made worse by our licensing systems and the resulting limited shooting industry I think.

If the guy at the shoe store gives you s**t service, you go to any of the other 10 shoe stores in the centre.

If your local firearms dealer gives you s**t service, there may not be another store for an hour or more away and you'll just put up with it.

Too many guys are complacent with service due to this IMO.
Arth
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Weepy » 12 May 2014, 11:26 am

Arth wrote:If your local firearms dealer gives you s**t service, there may not be another store for an hour or more away and you'll just put up with it.

4-5 hours away if you're in the sticks :(
Weatherby Mark V Accumark 7mm Rem. Mag.
Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40mm

Browning BL-22 .22LR
Weepy
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles