How much should I list my K98K for?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

How much should I list my K98K for?

Post by RedSky7 » 30 Nov 2022, 8:52 am

Hey guys.. I need to sell a k98k 1931 it’s a Russian capture, selling regrettably to pay for some medical bills.. the barrel was checked out by a dealer who deals old guns and he said the bore was good and would be a shooter.. lot of waffen stamps on it - it’s in decent shape not busted but not pristine, what’s a fair price I should ask for? Been in a gun sock and sage for 7 years not shot.
Glock 17
Beretta 92fs
Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 (savage)
Mauser K98k
Adler B220
RedSky7
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: How much should I list my K98K for?

Post by Billo » 30 Nov 2022, 9:33 am

Redsky alot depends on the over all condition, not just having a good bore. Are the numbers matching, what chambering, bluing, timber etc

Post up a picture and Im sure many here would be happy to offer there views :thumbsup:
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by yoshie » 30 Nov 2022, 9:45 am

I'd checkout the online gun auctions, they list the previous hammer prices. You should be able to find a comparable rifle and that will give you a good indication of value.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by No1Mk3 » 30 Nov 2022, 4:15 pm

G'day RedSky7,
On average a fair condition RC would pull between 9-1500 these days, although a couple of dealers are artificially elevating prices by advertising rifles at stupid prices then listing them as sold. They then advertise a similar rifle ay high prices looking for a sucker and sadly do sometimes find one. Auction prices, as yoshie said, can be a good guide but "auction fever" does come into play a bit as well as bidders like me looking at very specific models to fill a place in a collection might pay well over the odds. Your rifle, on the other hand, sounds wrong, or may be a rare experimental, the problem being the K98k did not exist in 1931 so you either have a Standard Modell or e pre-production development rifle. You need to put up some pics of all markings, to determine exactly what you have, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by dnedative » 30 Nov 2022, 7:30 pm

Depends when it was made - 1931 production is odd, they would of all been commercial with a mauser banner roll stamped on the receiver;
Plenty of these along with WWI G98's were rebuilt into K98's but they are few and far between.

Whats the stamp on the receiver?
If its anything made from 1937-1945, $1200-1500 depending on the stock and barrel. Lot of em have set back recoil lugs and have been quite hard use.
dnedative
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Vince24 » 30 Nov 2022, 9:12 pm

it can't indeed be a German military 98K if it's dated 1931 but it can be a very early Banner version.
Super rare.
Would have to see pics.
Vince24
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by No1Mk3 » 30 Nov 2022, 11:08 pm

Vince24 wrote:it can't indeed be a German military 98K if it's dated 1931 but it can be a very early Banner version.
Super rare.
Would have to see pics.

G'day Vince24,
Strictly speaking the Banner rifles were Standard Modells such as those used by German forces, including Legion Condor, in Spain. The 2nd Type Standard Modell is visually indistinguishable from a K98k but has different markings. These small things matter to collectors and do affect the value. We need to see OP's markings.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles