For the milsurp fans

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

For the milsurp fans

Post by Lazarus » 05 Dec 2022, 3:34 pm

Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Re: For the milsurp fans

Post by dnedative » 05 Dec 2022, 5:19 pm

That's cool; There are still crates of these things out there. They pop up much the same as old surplus ammo as dealers in the US die/retire and suddenly the kids find that dusty old crate up the back of his shop that he ordered back in the 70's from century arms and forgot about etc
dnedative
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wm.Traynor » 05 Dec 2022, 6:57 pm

You get a big like for that one Lazarus :clap: :D
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 05 Dec 2022, 7:54 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:You get a big like for that one Lazarus :clap: :D

Yeah dnedative, I thought "every boys dream come true"

You're welcome WT :drinks:
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 06 Dec 2022, 10:58 am

Yes there is still some stuff out there. Recently there was a stash of pristine unused WW2 Lee Enfields that had been sent to France around D Day for the Resistance and never got used. The French government stored them in a salt mine or something like that and recently a company, Old Western Scrounger, imported them to the USA.

There was also the massive Ethiopian horde brought into the USA, a massive stash the Ethiopians had stored, lots of pre WW2 guns and WW2 era stuff as well, from all the major countries, Lee Enfields, M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, Carcanos, Mausers, you name it.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by No1Mk3 » 06 Dec 2022, 11:51 am

With regards the Brazilian 1935, most of the long rifles were un-issued and ended up back in Germany still in their crates, from where they spread out around the world. Rumour has it there are still full crates in Germany. My own Brazilian 1935 was one of those that were issued and used, but one of the last of the contract having a serial in the mid-7000's the highest serial seen yet is in the 7900 range.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Mattraff » 11 Dec 2022, 9:38 am

Very cool. I remember in the late 90's early 2000's we were still able to buy gems like this at relatively reasonable prices. I wish I had more money and a stronger interest back then to have bought a few. I did buy an unissued Polished M44 Mossin Nagant about 10 years ago though and love it, just wish crates of surplus ammo were still available.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles