Unsure about branching out to centrefire rifles

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Unsure about branching out to centrefire rifles

Post by jwai86 » 18 Dec 2022, 9:43 pm

bladeracer wrote:As you only want to shoot paper with it does your club have a club rifle you can use a bit to decide if you enjoy it?

A couple of members have on occasion brought rifles to club meetings scheduled as practice sessions. The only ones I've tried so far were an old .357 lever action rifle and a couple of .22 LR rifles that are not models that I'm after.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by jwai86 » 18 Jan 2023, 12:22 pm

It looks like the decision will be kicked further down the road. My finances will need time to recover after purchasing and installing a safe, paying some medical bills, and completing the purchase of a rimfire rifle that I put a deposit on earlier this week.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by rossfrb » 18 Jan 2023, 8:36 pm

bigpete wrote:
Lazarus wrote:If you are planning on putting optics on your firearms, you will need a bigger safe than the advertised capacity.

I have found that I can only get 2 scoped rifles into a 3 gun safe, yet with a bit of jenga, I can get 5 bare rifles into the same space, leading me to need more than one safe.
Having said that, one of those scoped rifles is in a chassis with a pistol grip.

Funny,I've got 17 in an 8 gun safe atm...

I'm guessing 69 is your favourite position??
rossfrb
Private
Private

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles