Adding hunting to a Cat A/B license

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Adding hunting to a Cat A/B license

Post by Johnat21 » 06 Jan 2023, 5:09 am

Hi guys, how do I go about adding hunting to my Sport Target shooting license in Victoria?... I have am opportunity to shoot with a friend in a SF up near Marysville but not sure how to add the hunting component as VicPol isn't very clear.
Tikka T3X Hunter S/S 270win
Savage A22R Pro Varmint 22wmr
Johnat21
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Adding hunting to a Cat A/B license

Post by bladeracer » 06 Jan 2023, 5:48 am

Johnat21 wrote:Hi guys, how do I go about adding hunting to my Sport Target shooting license in Victoria?... I have am opportunity to shoot with a friend in a SF up near Marysville but not sure how to add the hunting component as VicPol isn't very clear.

I would email Firearms, I think you just ask to have it added, but there's likely to be a fee. Or your dealer might be able to tell you what's involved.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by WilMacHit » 06 Jan 2023, 10:00 am

I recently added Hunting to my licence, it's pretty easy.
Email LRD with your details, ie. Licence number, full name, address, your club membership details and why you want to add the genuine reason(pretty obvious).

I didn't get a response to my email, but after a few weeks I received the paperwork for a new licence, pay the $23 fee and have a new photo taken and your good to go.
WilMacHit
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 10 Jan 2023, 2:01 pm

Do you even need to have it as a genuine reason to go hunting in the first place? I was under the impression the genuine reason was just to get your licence approved. Same way that you can still compete at the range with hunting as your genuine reason?
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles