9mm rifle

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

9mm rifle

Post by wrenchman » 09 Jan 2023, 10:55 am

i dont know if you guys can get one yet but we have talked about a 9mm rifle and thought there might be some interest
Attachments
pofusa_tombstone_9mm.jpg
pofusa_tombstone_9mm.jpg (42.51 KiB) Viewed 3268 times
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Re: 9mm rifle

Post by Shootermick » 09 Jan 2023, 11:10 am

Meant to be arriving at Cleavers in QLD late March.
$3290 though.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 09 Jan 2023, 11:28 am

thats about 1000 more then here.
i did think it of you guys when seen it i think it would be a little nicer if it was set up to use glock mags
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigpete » 09 Jan 2023, 11:51 am

That is hideous and about twice what its worth
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by northdude » 09 Jan 2023, 12:17 pm

:D Do you mean fugly
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by No1Mk3 » 09 Jan 2023, 1:34 pm

wrenchman wrote:thats about 1000 more then here.
i did think it of you guys when seen it i think it would be a little nicer if it was set up to use glock mags

Is that converted? With the current exchange rate AU$3290 is about US$2250
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 09 Jan 2023, 2:16 pm

About a useful as a back pocket in your underwear
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by womble » 09 Jan 2023, 3:19 pm

That’s so dumb.
I want one.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 09 Jan 2023, 4:30 pm

3300 And less power than a 357 lever gun And ugly No no no no no no no no
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 09 Jan 2023, 4:31 pm

And it take up room in my safe. No no no
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by womble » 09 Jan 2023, 5:41 pm

And it’s effectively good for nothing.
I want one.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 09 Jan 2023, 6:31 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:
wrenchman wrote:thats about 1000 more then here.

Is that converted? With the current exchange rate AU$3290 is about US$2250

I didn't look to see what they're actually selling for but it looks like RRP is US$1962 to US$2097, and I would assume plus tax.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 09 Jan 2023, 6:36 pm

womble wrote:And it’s effectively good for nothing.
I want one.

If it's accurate it could be fun, but I haven't been able to find any accuracy testing at all. If they release it in 7.5FK it might be something worth owning.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by dnedative » 09 Jan 2023, 7:18 pm

If it was $800 and took glock mags it would of done alright............At $3300 the only people here who will own one will be the AFP and they probably dont even pay for it. You can almost buy three Rossi 92's for what this thing is worth.

If it was a pump action with offerings in other calibers (9mm, 45ACP, 357mag, 44mag) with about $2000 knocked off the price it would of probably done really well here.
dnedative
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 10 Jan 2023, 1:16 am

It is POF, which makes high end ARs here in the USA, but it seems to me the price is a bit high for what it is.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 10 Jan 2023, 4:12 am

I actually think they will sell here and in the US. And in a lot of markets actually. Canada assuming they’re still allowed to have any guns period. The brand is renowned for quality stuff.
First impressions aside it does grow on you if you look more into it. A lot of good bits put together. It would be a fun gun to run in competitive shooting. Not sure if cowboy action would allow it.
Hunting or occasional pest control I suppose you’re around 22 magnum capability preferably inside 75 yards. And the little cartridge would have to be a short stroking lever. I think people will love these things. It’s just so uniquely American and i think that’s pretty cool.
Mag fed is a big deal if you’ve got fat fingers on a cold morning, shoving pistol ammo into lever loading gates is not so much fun and you drop them in the grass.
It even has a bit of survivor pack rifle appeal. Can’t be that heavy and can carry heap of ammo.
The price, well s**t i budget around that for any new rifle. Not because I can afford it but somehow I find the coin if I really want something. The kids can go within shoes this year, all good.
The Rossi comparison naah, they’re cutting corners to sell at a cheap price. And that flippy floppy toggle safety on the rear of the receiver is just dumb.
But the tombstone, if the average punter can get half decent accuracy around 50 yards shooting any lever carbine off hand that’s a big ask. So I hope it can deliver. I think that’s what they’re selling here.
And i think they were smart not to build down to a price because people are over buying budget firearms.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 10 Jan 2023, 6:02 am

if it sells i think there might be other calibers like a 10mm and 40 or even 45 pistol caliber long guns are popular right now
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Gun-nut » 10 Jan 2023, 1:58 pm

For that kind of money you'd be better off holding out for one of the warwick or oceania precision rifles that have been rumoured to be released in 9mm. If the rumours are true after all...
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 10 Jan 2023, 2:04 pm

Gun-nut wrote:For that kind of money you'd be better off holding out for one of the warwick or oceania precision rifles that have been rumoured to be released in 9mm. If the rumours are true after all...

Aren't they priced even more ridiculously than this?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 12 Jan 2023, 4:58 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Gun-nut wrote:For that kind of money you'd be better off holding out for one of the warwick or oceania precision rifles that have been rumoured to be released in 9mm. If the rumours are true after all...

Aren't they priced even more ridiculously than this?

Not sure, to be honest. I figured they'd go for the same price as the warwicks now. Which is a little more than what this lever is going for but at least you're supporting aussie businesses.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 13 Jan 2023, 10:03 am

I can see sporting uses for this rifle in center fire '3 gun' competitions.

The lever action will be faster than a bolt action and it gets past the limitation of the slow to load tubular magazine that current lever action rifles have by using the detachable box magazine system. Another plus is low cost 9mm ammo which will make it the cheapest CF rifle to run.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by snag » 18 Jan 2023, 8:54 pm

Nah, that's a pointless firearm.... like the .357 Alpha Proj revolving carbine I've already got and the SCSA pump action .223 that I've decided I've got to have. So, I'll probably get one, if only to keep the 9mm Ruger Charger company in the "you only live once" part of the safe.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 19 Jan 2023, 3:48 am

Exactly why I need one too. And it’s 9mm. So useless.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 19 Jan 2023, 6:58 am

Warwick was going to run Owen gun mags which would be kinda cool. Prob not a gravity feed system but you never know.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 19 Jan 2023, 9:52 am

Well I have read two reviews in Guns and Ammo and Firearms News.

Mostly works well but some feed issues perhaps magazine related and also some 9mm it does not like. As I recall one empty case ended up falling into the action and jamming it, the writer believing it to be his fault shooting it sideways :wtf:

As the G&A article stated from the VP of whatever at POF, it's pretty much a marketing exercise to "expand their footprint" and all that stuff. Just what I thought.

At the price point of $2K US$, it really cannot be more than a novelty for folks that are loaded with cash and have nothing else to buy. If it was $700, I'd say it might attract serious attention from buyers.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Shootermick » 19 Jan 2023, 5:39 pm

snag wrote:Nah, that's a pointless firearm.... like the .357 Alpha Proj revolving carbine I've already got and the SCSA pump action .223 that I've decided I've got to have. So, I'll probably get one, if only to keep the 9mm Ruger Charger company in the "you only live once" part of the safe.

So have you got the Taipan yet?
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by snag » 19 Jan 2023, 9:10 pm

Shootermick wrote:
snag wrote:Nah, that's a pointless firearm.... like the .357 Alpha Proj revolving carbine I've already got and the SCSA pump action .223 that I've decided I've got to have. So, I'll probably get one, if only to keep the 9mm Ruger Charger company in the "you only live once" part of the safe.

So have you got the Taipan yet?

Not yet, got to sell a couple of others to finance it. Work in progress.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Border_Bloke » 20 Jan 2023, 8:34 am

In NSW they would be limited to having a 10 round magazine as well.
Border_Bloke
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by wrenchman » 26 Jan 2023, 11:38 am

I just seen that they are already making 10 round mags
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Gun-nut » 30 Jan 2023, 2:06 pm

MontyShooter wrote:

Warwick was going to run Owen gun mags which would be kinda cool. Prob not a gravity feed system but you never know.

Would be cool but not very practical. I don't think many aussie shooters would have spare owen mags handy. Now if they were going to make a straight pull owen replica, that would be awesome...
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Next

Return to Centerfire rifles